It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 500 full downs 
Site Admin

Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:57 pm

I hope that those skids can be easily replaced.....A couple more like that and they will be on just the legs!

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:24 pm
Site Admin

Titanium shoes.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:01 pm

He needs more forward cyclic on touch down or in the real deal he'll cut off his tail. . . :bunny

Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:35 am
Site Admin

If it were me, (or my helicopter) I would want that practice done on grass :realcrazy just a bit easier on the machine :like :pop

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:09 am

Gabor wrote:
Titanium shoes.

Those probably cost more than Air Jordans I would bet.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:20 am

grass is harder in the equipment, unless you can do a zero-zero auto. (0 ground slide 0 decent ) ever snag a gopher hole? :bunny

Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:23 pm

MadMuz wrote:
If it were me, (or my helicopter) I would want that practice done on grass :realcrazy just a bit easier on the machine :like :pop

I was thinking on grass those skids would have the potential to dig in and more one one side or the other and increase the chance of a ground loop if that is possible with a heli.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:09 pm
Site Admin

They do tip over. I almost did it too. In grass. Pavement is a friend. You slide :)

Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:12 pm

'

I have never been in a Hughes 500 .... or an MD 600 or whatever it is called in the video.

But if somebody threw me in the pilot seat to do a practice engine failure I would have done a more aggressive flare ... for a few seconds longer .... and set down at about 5 mph and my skid marks would be only 25 feet

I think that video was maybe to demonstrate a frozen collective or an extreme run-on-landing .... I do not know

And I would love to be educated. Somebody please tell me what the fick is going on .

I hate really long skid marks

Some of my former wives used to bitch about that all the time

Then I started to do my own laundry

Every helicopter pilot should know how to do laundry

It is a prerequisite

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Gabor wrote:
They do tip over. I almost did it too. In grass. Pavement is a friend. You slide :)

That is the one Gabor .... I love that auto ... you did not have to slide for 200 feet
Not that there is anything wrong with sliding for 200 feet.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:16 pm
hey Gabor, look where I visited and got my dreams of heliflight crushed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:46 pm
Site Admin

That's where I made a bunch of great pilots out of ordinary folks for a long time! Love the sight of the VOR!!!!

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:30 pm
Gabor wrote:
That's where I made a bunch of great pilots out of ordinary folks for a long time! Love the sight of the VOR!!!!
yeah sadly Neal told me that for me to solo my Hillman Hornet I would need a CFI to fly it at least 5 hours to be legal to sign me off. now the problem is where to find a CFI willing to fly a one of a kind Experimental helicopter. so yep he did a good job of crushing my dreams of helicopter flight in my own machine.
man seems life throws curve balls at me every time. when I first started messing with helicopters, my former business partner who was a helicopter CFII always said, build a 2 place machine and I will train ya to fly it. to bad last summer he had stroke and won't be teaching any one anything any longer. this sure as hell threw a monkey wrench into my plans.

but you will love what Neal asked me... he said why don't ya get your Buddy Gabor to teach ya to fly it. well we already know thats not going to happen.

Oh well thats the way my life goes most the time. now I feel like my life is at a stand still as the way my helicopter sits right now I could not even sell it for enough to buy a Gyro. My A&P has it all torn apart. I mean really whos going to buy 2 airframes,a cab, a transmission thats torn apart, 2 sets of blades and a 0-320H2AD thats torn apart.
yep dreams crushed.

My A&P has had my bird for over a year and not even started to put it back together, not to mention, if someone did want to buy it they would have to go to bedford Va. then back to my old shop in greensboro to get the cab and seat and console. plus then I would have to deal with getting my A&P to come up with the cash for the Cont' C90-12F I traded him for doing the rebuild and install of the engine. and he already sold the C-90.

yep not feeling to happy right now.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:50 pm
Site Admin

That's a bummer Animal, yes, the shady area of swapping something for labor, like you traded the engine for your engine overhaul..... you have to have written contracts with completion dates these days..... if you loan your lawnmower to your neighbour, you really do need a contract :killme otherwise he may assume you gave it to him and refuse to give it back, or give it back trashed :calmdown :badluck .... the world is a low place and gittin' lower every year :twopennies :yoda2 :Wolvie

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:27 am

Sorry Tim for the mess with your dream of flight....

I would do some more research... you may find way... better to have researched all the angles... than to give up before knowing.

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:16 am
GyroGeorgia wrote:
Sorry Tim for the mess with your dream of flight....

I would do some more research... you may find way... better to have researched all the angles... than to give up before knowing.
well unless I win the lotto, there is no way I can come up with enough to take the required Dual for my private pilots helicopter rating.
and I don't see anyone breaking down my door that is a CFI that wants to fly a one of a kind helicopter.

Gabor has Balls of steel from what I have seen of his auto videos in the 269, and I don't think he would even fly it to help me.

what kind of pisses me off, is my A&P even tore down my gear box, now this would not be bad if he had gone ahead and rebuilt it, but as it sits, even if I tried to sell it all for parts, whos going to buy it.

I have really been thinking alot about selling it all and buying a 2 place SXS Aircommand project I know about. but as My helicopter sits right now, I don't think it would sell for enough. then there is also the fact, that it is 664 miles away from me in 2 locations, most in va. and some at my old shop.... man I miss my shop. unless I sold it with out the body. damn I should not even think of that idea..lol it would be a sweet body for a gyro..lol

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:31 pm

So your solution to all this was to go put a down payment on a fuckin' lizard?
That's really going to advance your goals of learning to fly...or build a helicopter...or build a shop...or whatever your goal is.

You had a helicopter that was ready to go, but instead of buckling down and working for the money for flight lessons, you tore it apart for this current pile of parts that'll likely never fly. And you'll probably lose your ass on it if you try to sell it. You also had a couple of flyable gyros at one point, but never got the dual instruction to learn to fly any of them. You could have gotten your rating in a gyro, and easily gotten an add-on class rating for helicopters.

You talk about life throwing you curveballs, but it's you that's doing the throwing. You expect people to provide for you, when you should be providing for yourself. Everyone from this mythical 'business partner' teaching you to fly for free, to not-so-subtle hints about Gabor test flying your machines for free.

Man up and earn it if you want it, but I wouldn't bet on it. I wonder if you actually want to fly or not?

But hey, look on the bright side.
At least you got a lizard to hold while you watch everyone else fly overhead!

Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Oh shit!!! I smell something burning.
I'm outta here!

Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:57 pm
gyromike wrote:
So your solution to all this was to go put a down payment on a fuckin' lizard?
That's really going to advance your goals of learning to fly...or build a helicopter...or build a shop...or whatever your goal is.

You had a helicopter that was ready to go, but instead of buckling down and working for the money for flight lessons, you tore it apart for this current pile of parts that'll likely never fly. And you'll probably lose your ass on it if you try to sell it. You also had a couple of flyable gyros at one point, but never got the dual instruction to learn to fly any of them. You could have gotten your rating in a gyro, and easily gotten an add-on class rating for helicopters.

You talk about life throwing you curveballs, but it's you that's doing the throwing. You expect people to provide for you, when you should be providing for yourself. Everyone from this mythical 'business partner' teaching you to fly for free, to not-so-subtle hints about Gabor test flying your machines for free.

Man up and earn it if you want it, but I wouldn't bet on it. I wonder if you actually want to fly or not?

But hey, look on the bright side.
At least you got a lizard to hold while you watch everyone else fly overhead!

Fuck off Mike! my lady bought the Lizard. Did not hint at Gabor flying my machine, he already said he was done with helicopters. Business partner was not Mythical,kind of hard for a Mythical person to sign a log book, or sand blast my helicopter frame. but hay maybe if we get Lucky you might have a stroke you fucking ass hole!

I don't take to kindly to someone calling me a liar you fuck head. bet you would not say it to my face. you sorry sack of shit.

Bill Miller was a very good Friend of mine and I hate like hell he had a stroke. Bill was more of a man and has done more in avaition then you will in your whole life. at one time he ran the FBO in Burlington n.c. he has owned everything from a twin beech, to Crop dusters, airobatic stearmans, 1966 TH-55 and a 1956 Hiller.
and the only gyro I ever had that was flyable was the Air command. all the others were projects.
karma is a mother Fucker, hope you enjoyed pissing me off calling me a liar. good way to bring good luck to your self. But oh wait I forgot, what more would we expect, your one of those low life mods from that other Forum.
now why don't you go back and suck your Boy friend Ron's cock.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next