It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 where to land? input wanted. our new home. 

Keep the water & power,

A lit pad is awesome & water to clean up and keep dust down. :bunny

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:13 am
Hillberg wrote:
Keep the water & power,

A lit pad is awesome & water to clean up and keep dust down. :bunny
yeah I am thinking about running power lines out and doing parimiter lights to mark the blade clearance. I made it big enough for a Huey to come in if they want to. the guy renting my shop in Greensboro works with the A.A.H.F. and I have another Friend whos helicopter service just picked up a Augusta 109. not sure f Adam sold the hangerchat BO-105 yet, but he had said he would drop in sometime.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:39 am
Borrowed my buddy Hanks Idea that he had for his pad for his R-22, cheap Solar path lights marking the corners on the pad.
got the paint tonight to paint the pad Orange and going with parking lot marker paint yellow for the H trimed in black.

Got the car port torn down and the pad cleaned and ready to paint.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:58 pm
Site Admin

That's huge! :koolaid :like :pop

You must be so happy :yoda2 :laughing :laughing

I love it when a plan comes together :rofl

:wol

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:35 am
MadMuz wrote:
That's huge! :koolaid :like :pop

You must be so happy :yoda2 :laughing :laughing

I love it when a plan comes together :rofl

yeah it's going to look even better painted, a Friend of mine in Sarasota has a Helicopter company,and told me yesterday on facebook to give him my exact location and he would see if any of his students wanted to make a cross country flight to my place. I am wondering what he will fly in with as he has an R-44, and R-66 and just got an Agusta 109. if he brings that 109 in I think I would shit my self...lol never even seen one of those up close before.

Today is paint the pad and put up my wind sock day.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:26 am
Site Admin

sorry, I actually meant your back yard is huge.... with all the trees and stuff it didn't look that big :like :yoda2 :wol2

But the helipad is good too.... if you land in the middle of the pad, will the tail rotor be over concrete or the grass/dirt?

I reckon you should build a carport/open ended shed on wheels, so once you land, you pull the shed over the chopper..... when you want to fly. pull the shed away from over it :like :pop

Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:37 am
Site Admin

Animal wrote:
if he brings that 109 in I think I would shit my self...lol never even seen one of those up close before.

Today is paint the pad and put up my wind sock day.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Make sure your home insurance covers a 109 landing in the back yard and removing your roof off the house :eek :gyro2

That would spoil your day :killme How close is the pad to your house? You might want to paint a sign on your roof, any big choppers do not fly over house :eek :laughing :laughing

I am sure a robbo wouldn't remove any shingles, but a Bell 47 or bigger might :noidea :koolaid :pop

Just sayin' :laughing

Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:43 am
MadMuz wrote:
Animal wrote:

How close is the pad to your house? You might want to paint a sign on your roof, any big choppers do not fly over house :eek :laughing :laughing

I am sure a robbo wouldn't remove any shingles, but a Bell 47 or bigger might
Just measured it, it's 88 feet from the house, flight path is not over the house. will have to keep an eye on that.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:23 pm
MadMuz wrote:
sorry, I actually meant your back yard is huge.... with all the trees and stuff it didn't look that big :like :yoda2 :wol2

But the helipad is good too.... if you land in the middle of the pad, will the tail rotor be over concrete or the grass/dirt?

I reckon you should build a carport/open ended shed on wheels, so once you land, you pull the shed over the chopper..... when you want to fly. pull the shed away from over it :like :pop

would be over dirt, will be planting grass soon.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:24 pm
I must be doing something right with Cindi, love my lady, she even loves to help me with the helicopter stuff, be it getting parts to helping to paint the landing pad. we have half the pad painted and ran out of paint, had to go back and get another gallon. will finsih it tomorrow.

note : I got my wind sock up today. it's starting to look like a real landing zone.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:49 pm

That lot is looking a lot larger than the aerial view I remember.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:54 pm
RayNAiken wrote:
That lot is looking a lot larger than the aerial view I remember.
it's 2.5 acres, that Bobcat operator really cleared it out nicely. Loftus just flew over in his gyro, maybe he got a few pics as he went over.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:50 pm
[Youtube]jKNfT9i_sc4&feature=youtu.be[/Youtube]

Loftus flew over this Morning. was pretty cool, Cindi spotted him, funny part is after chatting with him, he said he did not know he had even flown over the house.. :)

it was cool to see him fly over. :) :wol

Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Animal wrote:

Loftus flew over this Morning. was pretty cool, Cindi spotted him, funny part is after chatting with him, he said he did not know he had even flown over the house.. :)

Shoot a flare at him next time.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:44 pm
RayNAiken wrote:
Animal wrote:

Shoot a flare at him next time.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

he said he will try and fly over again Monday, I told him where we are at. will try and have my tripod ready to get more steady video.

would love to see what out place looks like now.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:54 pm
ray,everything circled in red has been cleared, you are right just looked at the first photo, man we really did open this place up.

you can see the location of the carport/landing pad.

there is now 50 foot of clearance from the center of the pad to the nearest tree.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Where on that last photo are you going to plant your shop?

Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:17 pm
RayNAiken wrote:
Where on that last photo are you going to plant your shop?
it will go infront of the old red building.

it's 127 feet from the tree line at the shop to the pad. best approuch would be at a 45 degree to the pad from the back to the pad.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:32 pm
Well plans have changed, due to a lack of funds and a few other issues, we have decided we will be settling for 2 -40 high cube shipping container bolted side by side and cut the center walls out, this will give us a 15'6" inside flood area with an 8'10" ceiling height. can get both containers for $2,700 each deleivered. have decided due to the roaming bear at night to move the shop closer to the house, so we will now put it between the 2 old buildings behind the house. this will give me the whole open pasture area for hover practice . the white pool house building already has power and water run to it, so just run a line from there to the containers and I have power.

needless to say the new windows and insulation for the house cut badly into the shop fund. but at least 2 containers will give me a secure place to work. may have to trim the skids down on the helicopter, but I will make things work somehow. man I miss my shop I had in n.c., but I don't miss the cold... :)

Will keep ya'll up dated as things go along.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:55 pm
So happy, after trying for a few weeks now to get some one out to grade the area for my shop, we finely got a crew to come out and get it done today. now maybe I can get some type of shop built. and we got a free hole to make a small pond with to boot...lol next mission to get the shipping containers.
when I first started planning for a shop I was going to put it out near the old red Building. but since i have learned that is where the bear likes to come through the woods at I have decided closer to the house is better. so we just today got the area graded and ready to have 2 - 40' x 9' tall shipping containers brought in.
We are going to space them 10 to 12 feet apart, cut the sides out facing each other, get some angle iron and weld up a frame for a roof, use the metal cut from the sides to make the roof and use the metal from the old carport to make the end walls. this should give me a pretty good area to work in that will be tall enough for the helicopter in the center.

here is a drawing of how I plan to do the shop when I get it done.

on top of that we got a hole to put a liner in and make a pond..lol

Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next