It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 russian tango website 

Cool stuff.
http://autogyro-izhevsk.com/trevel#settings

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:19 am

I don't want to criticize, they obviously make nice machines with super yahm engines
they look like new sport cars it is impressive .. but it does not make gyro consume less, fly faster, take off and land shorter, or be safer.
I am more impressed by cameron's wooden rotors .... certainly because I am jealous ((((-: ..

Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:38 pm

They make nice machines at half the cost of the "name brands" The tango aluminum rotors fly very nice, nicer than most.

Wooden rotors are cool "Natures composite"
Jukka Tervamaki made some good home made blades, He was one of the gyro pioneers

http://www.tervis.fidisk.fi/JTsite/index.html

http://www.tervis.fidisk.fi/JTsite/ate3gyrocopt.html

Ken Wallace used wooden blades with nose weights on all of his gyros.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:31 pm

as I told you my goal was not to criticize, their gyro are perfect euro tubs, nicer then a eurotub , with better engines and for half the price , nothing to say , in addition there is no gyro offering any innovative designs on the market , and thee are no CTL or LTL gyro on
the market ..

and it flies

Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:16 am

Girodreamer wrote:
I don't want to criticize, they obviously make nice machines with super yahm engines
they look like new sport cars it is impressive .. but it does not make gyro consume less, fly faster, take off and land shorter, or be safer.
I am more impressed by cameron's wooden rotors .... certainly because I am jealous ((((-: ..

Thanks mate, still getting some bits together for the rotor head so I can test them again with their new paint and balance etc. Just wait till you see Ivan's new ones we are going to build. We've been able to source marine grade birch ply (about 10 laminations) which are 10 ft long and as soon as Ivan's 12ft CNC is operating (we are working out the software and a couple of problems with stepper motors - that is Ivan is working out these problems and keeping me in the loop I've helping him with installation of the Linux OS that will run it). These guys will be n8H12 7 1/4 inch chord 22ft and about 1/4 of the work as we will be carving the whole bottom and front sections out of 1 piece, only having to splice the top skin and add the steel spars (which we will water jet). can't wait to get started but we've both been busy Ivan's building a tiny home currently and its frigging beautiful (such a good wood worker). Amazing guy. Should be able to do a set for $500. The two of us working together on the old wood rotors would make a set in about 20 hours of labor (but lots of time waiting for glue to dry so 20 hours over a 3 weeks). These we will do the bottom of the blades in two passes (top and bottom) in fact we should be able to do both our bottom sections at once the machine is about 12 by 5 ft and we can probably do the cluster pads in the same operation, As we'll have the steel spars water jet cut they will only need counter sinking and sand blasting before gluing. It's just a matter of splicing the top skins and gluing that to the bottom section, gluing and screwing the steel spar, gluing the cluster pads on - put them through the thicknesser to match the hub bar sand down to a fine finish and paint (or clear coat in my case). Span balance then add chord weights and chord balance. Sounds like a lot but we've saved heaps of steps from traditionally made wood rotors.

Will keep you all informed as we progress hopefully Ivan will get the CNC going soon. We'll make all the CAD files available to everyone once they've been well tested and I haven't killed myself ;) You'd likely need to tell the local CNC shop that they are for a wind turbine - true from a certain point of view.

Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]