It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hello All 

Hi,

Ben let me know your board existed and proposed me to enlist which I did

thanks for accepting my account

I am 52,

A french man living in France,

8 Years ago I bought an home built giro that I had to rebuild ... it was a big piece of crap ...

I have 200 hours on it

4 years ago I started building a twin... It has been nearly finished for 3 years ..

I designed and machined eveything myself in my garage ... crazy .. hope it will pay off

I only have to mount the rest of the parts I have done ... when We will be allowed to go out ...

not really interesting except for home builders ..

see U

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:32 am

Welcome! I have been following your build on the "other" forum, Very nice, I spent quite a few years trying to build a tandem myself, but things kept getting in the way, and I was not getting any younger so I bought a Tango....yes I went over to the "dark" side.....I still like building, just not everyday, I do like to fly sometimes too.
Again, welcome aboard! :maga

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:54 am
Site Admin

Welcome aboard. I hope you'll like it here.
We have no rules or restrictions.
Anything goes. As it should.....
Nice tandem!!!!
Also you don't have to worry about butting into threads.
No one is sensitive....MadMuz does that all the time....but at least he has a good sense of posting hot naked chicks so it's ok :rofl
Enjoy
:beefcake

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:16 pm

elwood wrote:
Welcome! I have been following your build on the "other" forum, Very nice, I spent quite a few years trying to build a tandem myself, but things kept getting in the way, and I was not getting any younger so I bought a Tango....yes I went over to the "dark" side.....I still like building, just not everyday, I do like to fly sometimes too.
Again, welcome aboard! :maga

Thanks you very much for welcoming me.

I was told that the atmosphere here was nice... so I dropped in
you did well buying a tango, do you have on of those yamaha engines ?

is there a picture of your tango somewhere on this forum ?
I don't know well those gyros but think that they are close to homebuilt machines, I mean simple and reliable, that you can up-keep yourself.

sorry that I removed my pictures from the rotary .... I love this forum but the atmosphere is less cool thenit was before ...

but there are tons of very interesting things on this forum, and really nice persons

I understant that you switched to a tango to fly ... life is short I would not have built my gyro if I had not my monoseater to fly , flying is the goal ..

good day

jmi

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:33 pm

Gabor wrote:
Welcome aboard. I hope you'll like it here.
We have no rules or restrictions.
Anything goes. As it should.....
Nice tandem!!!!
Also you don't have to worry about butting into threads.
No one is sensitive....MadMuz does that all the time....but at least he has a good sense of posting hot naked chicks so it's ok :rofl
Enjoy

Hello,
thank you for welcoming me here, are you the guy who built this nice lookin red monoseater and did this super video about double hang test ?
as for the tandem .. it looks nice but it does not fly for the moment .. I hope it will for the moment it is only nice
need to find the naked chick now .. hahaha
see ya
jmi

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:46 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5759

Here is the Tango thread:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5633&hilit=tango

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:53 pm

Welcome aboard!
I was scheduled to go up to Oregon for a two week build in May, now it looks like I may not be allowed off my little island!
It has been about 6 years since my accident and my dreams are still filled with me flying my beloved gyro.
I have flown other things (current in c
Cessnas and Powered Paraglider) but nothing has ever made me as happy as my gyro.
When I get this one built and shipped I will have the only one on Guam therefore I intend to mark this place as "mine" even if I allow the military to have a few jets.....

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:11 pm

Henry Bowman wrote:
Welcome aboard!
I was scheduled to go up to Oregon for a two week build in May, now it looks like I may not be allowed off my little island!
It has been about 6 years since my accident and my dreams are still filled with me flying my beloved gyro.
I have flown other things (current in c
Cessnas and Powered Paraglider) but nothing has ever made me as happy as my gyro.
When I get this one built and shipped I will have the only one on Guam therefore I intend to mark this place as "mine" even if I allow the military to have a few jets.....

thanks Henry,

I hope you will get your gyro soon, Gyroplane is also the aircraft that I prefer, and above all the aircraft I feel the safer in.
which gyro are you going to build ?

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:30 pm
Site Admin

Girodreamer wrote:
Hello,
thank you for welcoming me here, are you the guy who built this nice lookin red monoseater and did this super video about double hang test ?
as for the tandem .. it looks nice but it does not fly for the moment .. I hope it will for the moment it is only nice
see ya
jmi

Yes Jim, I am the builder of the Behemoth.
I did publish all the building steps on the other forum while building it.
And yes we did the video of the hand test and all.
Then I crashed it. Then I built another one just like that but better.
That part you haven't seen because I was banned from the forum for cussing the communist bastards out.
I don't do well with them!
I ran Bensen days for a few years and retired from the mayhem a while back.
I still love gyros Jim.
It's an infectious disease.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:16 pm

Yeah I still have a plank wing for sale, it just didn't do it for me...

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:46 pm

your videos were really important for the community.. I have to say that only the long one permitted me to understand the process, in the short video I had not understood where from you had hanged the gyro for the second hang ( what I needed to know)

thanks you very much for this contribution to the gyroplane amateur community .. those king of things are really important

thank oy also for having published your built, I will go to the rotary to read every posts

I can(t believe you were banned ..

I have published this video on the rotarywing forum :

https://youtu.be/HA0Rl-DELrs

it is a 1.6 ton stress test of a clone gyro mast junction ... I was sure that it would be exciting for the community to know and 80 mm aluminium tubes mounted with and angle of 35° resist 1.6 tons ...

but it is not a community .. nobody commented ans I was just said the test was not relevant .... etc ...

it is a petty to discourage people from contributing ...

I would be happy to see the behemoth clone

happy to be there

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:06 pm

I am supposed to be building a Sportcopter Vortex in May. Well see if I can fly out of Guam or not!
I opted for the 582 over the 912. Many including Jim Vanek think I'm crazy, but it wasn't just a money issue.
I prefer my motorcycles to be light and nimble and the same in the Gyros, I flew a super Vortex and was impressed by the smooth power of course, but the weight your pushing was just more than I was looking for.
Since my new home is only 22 miles long and I have no plans on flying over water to the other islands, I think the 582 will fit me perfectly.
And if I'm wrong, I'm getting the extended tail so I can swap out for a 912 in the future if I really want one.
I flew for many years on a 503 and was very happy, so I doubt I will be unhappy with the 582.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:17 pm

When I was on active duty I dove the Mk12 Surface supplied rig. You really felt invincible in that suit when they stuck all the lead rods in your arms and legs....no shark is biting through that!
Later on I moved into the Mk16 re-breather system and that used tri-mix or Nitrox depending on what the mission profile calls for.
It was capable of going deep...really deep but we never got to test that.
It was however VERY expensive. We knew it was, because ever since dive school we were taught to always tie a safety rope around our chest, when they issued us the Mk16, they made us tie the safety rope to the rig!!! They straight up told us, " if you have a problem, never ditch the rig....we will recover the rig...we could care less if your in it or not!"
But alas although I still dive I mostly just snorkel now.
It seems after being a working diver, when I go down, I'm looking for "something to do"

For those of you just scratching your heads, this was a comment to a letter on another board.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:35 pm
Site Admin

Girodreamer wrote:
.. I hope it will for the moment it is only nice

jmi

Hi jmi... don't believe any of the stories about me, they are not true (much) :lie :laughing

I am the Australian connection and yes, I do occasionally post the odd pic or 7...

Here is a very relevant pic for today... oh, and some camel toe for good luck :plike :pop :yoda2 :Wolvie

Hey Nabs... we might need a French flag avatar?

:Jim

:Confederate

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:45 pm
Site Admin

I told you!
:laughing

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:48 pm
Site Admin

I have heard that twice a day is the minimum for total prevention? :noidea :beefcake :yoda2 :Wolvie

That's what I tell them anyway :bigballs :laughing :yoda2 :Wolvie

I do sometimes post pictures of other things tho.... such as sleeping kittens for example... :plike :pop

:OZ

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:21 pm

So is he taking her temperature?
I don't get it.......much.....anymore...

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:22 pm
Site Admin

Don't forget I post videos too.... :Flag :koolaid :lick :yoda2 :Wolvie

This is some footage from when Nabs last went to Bangkok...

:Confederate

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Henry Bowman wrote:
I am supposed to be building a Sportcopter Vortex in May. Well see if I can fly out of Guam or not!
I opted for the 582 over the 912. Many including Jim Vanek think I'm crazy, but it wasn't just a money issue.
I prefer my motorcycles to be light and nimble and the same in the Gyros, I flew a super Vortex and was impressed by the smooth power of course, but the weight your pushing was just more than I was looking for.
Since my new home is only 22 miles long and I have no plans on flying over water to the other islands, I think the 582 will fit me perfectly.
And if I'm wrong, I'm getting the extended tail so I can swap out for a 912 in the future if I really want one.
I flew for many years on a 503 and was very happy, so I doubt I will be unhappy with the 582.

I also fly with a 582, it is a very good engine , I burn 5.3 gallon an hour ... with a 51 liter fuel tanks I can fly 2.5 hours (2 hours with a 30' safety margin).

the point is that this gyro flies at 120 km/h and it pushes me to get far from my base reducing more and more my safety margins ... last summer i took of with 2 other gyro (4 strokes) I climbed to 8000 feet and it was hot... my friends did not take in account the fact thet thier endurance is the double then mine ..saying it is ok it is ok ... back to my airfield I had only 6 liters remaining... scaring ..

on the other and the lighter a gyro is the better ! the simpler the better ! your choice is fine ... it greate to see that this kind of kits are still on the market .

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:25 am

Henry Bowman wrote:
When I was on active duty I dove the Mk12 Surface supplied rig. You really felt invincible in that suit when they stuck all the lead rods in your arms and legs....no shark is biting through that!
Later on I moved into the Mk16 re-breather system and that used tri-mix or Nitrox depending on what the mission profile calls for.
It was capable of going deep...really deep but we never got to test that.
It was however VERY expensive. We knew it was, because ever since dive school we were taught to always tie a safety rope around our chest, when they issued us the Mk16, they made us tie the safety rope to the rig!!! They straight up told us, " if you have a problem, never ditch the rig....we will recover the rig...we could care less if your in it or not!"
But alas although I still dive I mostly just snorkel now.
It seems after being a working diver, when I go down, I'm looking for "something to do"

For those of you just scratching your heads, this was a comment to a letter on another board.

A mk16 carleton rebreather ! wouaw ... respect
as an uncurable home builder my mate and I built 3 manual ccr (kiss) rebreathers they are still in service .

I did not dive too deep, 80 m (260 ft) and I never exceed 1 hour total deco .. most of my dives were done arround 50 m on wrecks

@ Madmuz,

i love your girl friends ... I am actually jealous and now I want to be a cat ... all those gyros are nothing compared with girls !

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next