It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Gonna visit 
Site Admin

Gabor wrote:
We had a great discussion about the American market.
I did try to be very honest about their chances and the need for 100% support if they wanted to be marketable.

Looks like alot of well-Hung-'merican bullshitting going on in that pic? :noidea :ugeek: :laughing :yoda2 :maga :Wolvie

:Jim

:Confederate

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sat May 12, 2018 4:56 am

Gabs, eventually I will rotate back to the world. Someday in my future is a helo and ticket. I have about 700 logged hours in rotary craft already.
The Mosquito and that Hungarocopter both interest me a lot.
What kind of prices are we looking at?
Legal in US?
Better off to buy a referbed Hiller and have an extra seat?
I'm not sayin I won't be in a gyro again someday, but I think I would be a decent helo pilot.
Whats the best way for me to get there?

Oh, also flew for the first time in a month...it was an incredible flight!

Sat May 12, 2018 8:11 am
Site Admin

Benry the Hungarocopter is not in serial production yet.
I would rather look into something like a timed out Robbie.
If this was the plan of course. You can't beat the price of those things.
The Hughes are way too expensive and the rest I have not much trust in.
But again I am not in the industry as I used to be.
:beefcake

Sat May 12, 2018 11:48 am

mid time Brantly , Hiller ,Hughes 269. spare parts are the problem/ but low cost. R-22 low cost parts easy, Turbine Exec Mosquito & Helicycle round out the bunch. Had a friend buy a mid time 206A for $100,000 but he treated it like a personal toy and not a money making asset on a lease back ( If you do a lease back right it's free ride and $$$ in the bank...)

Sat May 12, 2018 12:24 pm

Move this to another thread if you like, but what is the deal with the timed out robinsons. Thought they were illegal to fly?
And whats a lease back?

On another note, this morning I flew again. Real low ofer the beach...spooked a spotted eagle ray who broached then tried to escape the giant manta ray on my wing!
Sorry no vid.

Sat May 12, 2018 7:30 pm

A timed out Robinson only needs main & tail rotor blades, then 150 hours later main rotor shaft & lower rt frame. the 12 year inspection can be visual with a change of life limited components and flown Pt 91. a Robinson at 1500 hours is a good buy just the 12 year inspection will mess things up. A brantley with good blades is a great find.

Sat May 12, 2018 10:54 pm
Site Admin

What about the Robo rotors.... after that time some delaminated, didn't they put a 5 year life on any of the old style blades? :ugeek:

Supposedly most of the new rotors available need to have power assist controls and they aren't making manual control rotors in the new style? :badluck

From memory, back then, to buy upgraded rotors and have the old Robo's controls upgraded to power.... was about $110k... so there was predicted alot of old Robinsons going to be real cheap once the mandatory 5 years ended.... which can't be too far away? :puke

http://rotorcorp.wpengine.com/2014/12/0 ... or-blades/

https://rotorcorp.com/2014/12/10/with-r ... tro-fleet/

Anyone know the story? :noidea :pop :yoda2 :Wolvie

Sun May 13, 2018 8:32 am

Rotor blades 12 year 2200 hr retirement, airframe 12 year conditional inspection, R-44 went to hydraulic boost controls so as those airframe hit 12 year or 2200 hours they are up graded. life limited parts still the same. All on approve life limit page in maintenance manual. ( know some older Robinsons still flying, FAA doesn't know unless they crash....owner responsibility in maintance / operation) :killme

Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 pm
Site Admin

Yeah Hillbilly.... but remember the delamination issues back in 2014 and they put a 5 year limit on all of those Robo blades.... :noidea I am asking how this is affecting older Robinson sales?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2185&hilit=delamination

There is no problem getting an older Robo to run the new wider chord rotors.... except for the cost of converting it to hydraulic controls costing more than the heli is worth.... People will always canibalize other helis to keep older ones flying and just do the tap test with a coin.... after all.... the only way they will get caught is if they crash if a blade delaminates :badluck :yoda2 :Wolvie

Sun May 13, 2018 9:51 pm

not effecting the sales at all, new serial numbered and style blades superseded those in the AD. the R-44 Astros that had the old electro mechanical boost are effected. the R-22s are not effected by the r-44 issues, (only the later R 44s have the wide chord blades)and I've personally seen R-22s with over 6,000 hours and well over the 12 year limit. You just advise the owners of the risk.... and if the aircraft isn't registered US FAA can't do a thing about it. Seen Robinsons within the time & hour retirement limits that were only fit for scrap.....on field overhauls a timed out R-22 will cost very little next to factory rebuild. . .It depends on the abuser.

Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 pm
Site Admin

Well, the Hungarocopter visit ain't happening.
Ran out of time. Sorry folks.
Maybe next time.
Heading back tomorrow.

Mon May 14, 2018 1:15 am

It sounds like you had a great time.
Hope you have a good trip back.

Mon May 14, 2018 7:06 am
Site Admin

Yes Sir! We had a blast. Heading home tomorrow.

Mon May 14, 2018 2:39 pm

After that last picture yesterday I absolutely had to go buy some Hungarian Salami ..... it is the best ..... we have a company here in Canada that makes gourmet sausages according to the original old recipes.

Love all the pictures of your home country Gab ...... As far as I am concerned the Prime Minister Viktor Orbán is the only leader in Europe who has any balls. He flat out said no to the illegal Islamic invasion trying to overrun his country

Tue May 15, 2018 10:05 pm
Site Admin

Thank you Arnie.
Him and the Polish president are the only two so far who are not willing to give up their identity for some liberal ideology and an attaboy from the EU.
People are still cool over there. Life seems to be slow by our standards.
I am happy to be back home though!

Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 am

looks like you had a good time, lots of history there, didn't look like you had any trouble finding anything to eat!
:like

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Wed May 16, 2018 9:01 am
Site Admin

Not at all. Food is not even optional....it's a must :rofl
Lots of history for sure. It is why the film industry loves shooting movies there.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 16, 2018 9:13 am

Simply awesome.!

Wed May 16, 2018 1:30 pm
Site Admin

Thank you Stan. I had to again summarize the fact that people are good, politicians are evil.

Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pm
Site Admin

Very true Jason. Too long of a history and too many are proud of it!

Wed May 16, 2018 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next