It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Two more Cavalons down over the last few days!!! 

So we now have two more Cavalons down one in Arizona and the other in South Carolina.
Word is the insurance companies no longer want to insure them because over 5 have crashed in 12 months :die

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:16 pm

One Cavalon.......Engine lost power....hard landing....no injuries....no roll over.....machine totaled.
Investigating engine issue.
No problem getting insurance.....if you want to pay for it.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Well today one of the insurance companies was thinking of not wanting to issue insurance on them any more. At least some one close to the issues told me that.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:15 am
Site Admin

It could be just coincidence although I have heard from owners that they are not as forgiving as their brothers.
Apparently, MTOs and Caliduses are more forgiving therefore more suited for instruction.
But again we don't know all the details about those two crashes so it's really is just guessing at this point.
Also, we don't know the track records of the CFIs involved in the incidents.
We are playing a cat and mouse game between getting information from manufacturers and consumers.
Manufacturers will obviously not address complaints til it reaches the point of outright civil war!
Consumers will make up stories to avoid being blamed or losing insurance .... or just simply try to preserve their "super pilot" title in the community.
They are all doing a disservice to the gyro community by doing so in my humble opinion.
As long as egos and making a buck is more important than the safety of other's lives...... we all have to keep open these back channels of communication between one another if we are to survive.
Desmon I for one appreciate you bringing attention to even the possibility of a fundamental flaw in the design.
:half
:beefcake

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Oh...and by the way.....Cavalon with hard landing.....WAS NOT MINE! :)

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:53 pm
Site Admin

Ultracruiser41 wrote:
Oh...and by the way.....Cavalon with hard landing.....WAS NOT MINE! :)

You have a Cavalon?
Rich folk!
:laughing

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]