It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 1:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sikorsky Boeing Future vertical lift 

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:24 pm

To bring Military pilots who will come to the civil arena ill prepared and unequipped because of all that automation makes lazy pilots, Who make smoking hole with lesser aircraft

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:19 pm
Hillberg wrote:
To bring Military pilots who will come to the civil arena ill prepared and unequipped because of all that automation makes lazy pilots, Who make smoking hole with lesser aircraft

I think the future will be self-drive and self-fly cars and aircraft. If there are any people on board it will be just for the ride. Amazing to me how so few people today can even drive a stick shift.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:25 pm
Site Admin

You mean they are trading these in Lofty? :eek :laughing :yoda2 :Wolvie

:Confederate

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:09 pm
Site Admin

loftus wrote:
Hillberg wrote:

I think the future will be self-drive and self-fly cars and aircraft. If there are any people on board it will be just for the ride. Amazing to me how so few people today can even drive a stick shift.

Everyone has to be an expert straight away today :noidea they don't have time or need to learn any dumb skills or anything unnecessary like that :dizzy :laughing

I watched a program on TV about the air ambulances... the new helis don't have rudder pedals or collective levers at all.... just put it in takeoff mode and press the button and it will take off, then enter destination into flight computer, when you get there, press auto hover. After 5 minutes it will do an auto go around and come back to the same spot. When finished, press return to home, then auto land and shut down.

The heli they were flying had a joystick like a playstation and the pilot seat swivelled around to face the back so he can help with the patient :badluck

Airliners these days only have pilots to have someone to blame if the technology fails.....

You are right about stick shift cars.... these days 'stick shift' is either an auto with a manual type gearlever or a twin clutch with a stick like gear lever.... so people can think they can drive a stick.... lets see them try to drive a Goat with a 4 speed.... with a 100# clutch pedal push :eek :laughing

I think you guys NASCAR sill has real stick? Over here, our $upercars have sequential gearbox/trans axles with only the clutch needed to launch (standing start).... a big stack last weekend took out half of the field in the second lap :eek :violin :yoda2 :Wolvie

Making crashing great again :maga

:Confederate

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]