It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 COUNCILS 

First greet everyone and ask sorry for my writing since I do it through the Google Translator, because I don't speak English, I'm Spanish and I read this forum because I find it quite interesting.

I have an autogyro Air Command car with engine rotax 532 and HLT, and want to convert it to CLT and put an engine Rotax 912 UL 80 HP.,

So I would ask any information that I could bring, both for and against, before the change.

The biggest problem I find is in the pre-rotor system changes, whether the direction of rotation is reversed.

Grateful in advance.

A greeting

A.Camacho

En primer lugar saludar a todos y pedir disculpa por mi escritura ya que lo hago a través del traductor de Google, ya que no hablo ingles, ya que soy español y leo este foro porque me parece bastante interesante.
Poseo un autogiro Air Command monoplaza con motor rotax 532 y HLT, y quiero convertirlo a CLT y ponerle un motor Rotax 912 UL de 80 cv.,
Por lo que rogaría cualquier información que me pudiesen aportar, tanto a favor como en contra, antes de comenzar el cambio.
El mayor problema que encuentro es en cambia el sistema de pre-rotor, ya el sentido de giro es al revés.
Agradecido de antemano.
Un saludo
A.Camacho

Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:32 am

We do this kind of thing a lot. Converting the original design of the Air Command to CLT is a very good thing to do. It isn't particularly difficult. There are 3 in my hangar right now that have been so modified. None have the 912, but all have been converted to CLT and it has been a positive change. The machines in the hangar that have been changed to CLT currently have: 582 Rotax, Subaru EA-81, and MZ202 engines. Although, the Subaru is about to be changed out in favor of a 150hp Yamaha engine. In two cases, the tail was changed to a tall tail and in one, the original tail was used "as-is."

You will have to pay special attention to the center of gravity change and may have to move the axle to avoid too much or too little nose wheel weight. You may, of course, expect to change the cheek plates. I also suggest you lengthen the mast while you are making the changes.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:29 am
Profile WWW

Thank you for answering, the mast I've been measuring 2.00 meters high, I don't know if we will have to upload it more and how much, here the problem we have is 6061 T-6 aluminum, is hard to find, however the 6063T5 and the 6060T6 are no easy, but I do not know if it would be enough.

The change fuck from the rotor plates as I have foreseen it, in principle, I have given him half distance than the original and test, I made them in aluminium 2024 T 3 of 3 mm.

The queue I will maintain the original but changing the tube by one of 150 cm in length.

The biggest difficulty I find is the pre-lanzador that I have is the original with the wheel and now how to change the sense I have to change the system, but I would like to take advantage of the best that I have, I would need some photos of as carries it the comman tanden with rotax 912 air, to have an idea.

A greeting.

Gracias por contestar, el mástil que llevo mide 2.00 metros de alto, no sé si habrá que subirlo más y cuanto, aquí el problema que tenemos es que el aluminio 6061 T 6, es difícil de encontrar, sin embargo el 6063T5 y el 6060T6 sin son fáciles, pero no sé si seria suficiente.
Lo de cambiar las placas de cogida del rotor ya lo he previsto, en principio le he dado la mitad de distancia que la original y probar, las he realizado en aluminio 2024 T 3 de 3mm.
La cola voy a mantener la original pero cambiando el tubo por uno de 150 cm de largo.
La mayor dificultad que encuentro es el pre-lanzador, que el que tengo es el original con la rueda y ahora como cambia el sentido tengo que cambiar el sistema, aunque quisiera aprovechar lo máximo del que tengo, me haría falta unas fotos de como lo lleva el air comman tanden con el rotax 912, para tener una idea.
Un saludo.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:34 am

Two meters should be OK for the mast. It must not be an original mast, as they were shorter.

I cannot help with pictures of a pre-rotator attachment to a 912, as we have no 912 engines in our hangar. Perhaps someone else will post some pictures.

Note: "las placas de cogida" translated improperly to a bad word. The word f*ck is not required in your post and may be removed without changing the message.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Note: "las placas de cogida" translated improperly to a bad word. The word f*ck is not required in your post and may be removed without changing the message.

:laughing :laughing

Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:23 pm

Sorry, not is that the translator, has translated if it was something that offended my apologies,

Do not know how to translate it, thanks anyway and facilitues as not since.

A greeting and thanks

Lo siento, no se que ha traducido el traductor, si ha sido algo que ofenda pido mis disculpas,
No sé como traducirlo, gracias de todas formas y considerenlo como no puesto.
Un Saludo y gracias

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:39 am
Site Admin

Hi Acamaco, you could always do away with the complicated and heavy engine driven prerotator and fit an electric car starter prerotator for simplicity and low cost? :noidea

Jon, although the fuck could be seen as unnecessary, sometimes a random fuck can be quite pleasing :like :koolaid :pop :Wolvie

:Confederate

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:14 am
Site Admin

JAKE! wrote:
Flying Wolverine wrote:

:laughing :laughing

Translation: "las placas de cogida" roughly means Catching a plate.

Bummer Jake... you went and ruined it :drama :laughing

I thought it was something naughty :noidea :laughing :pop :yoda2 :Wolvie

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:46 am

Dang, another one of Jake's hidden talents. :laughing

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:30 am

I learned when I worked for Formica Corporation in Hialeah, Florida, that a great many phrases in various dialects of Spanish do not translate well even among dialects, much less to English.

Once I asked a girl in customer service to "hand me the plug" for a computer terminal using a Cuban phrase and nearly got kicked. The girl was from Costa Rica and spoke a more formal Castilian dialect. I will leave her understanding of what I said to your ample imaginations. In my defense, I must add that the Cuban girl next to her reached over and handed me the plug as requested and made the necessary explanations.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

JAKE! wrote:

Lo siento, no se que ha traducido el traductor, si ha sido algo que ofenda pido mis disculpas,
No sé como traducirlo, gracias de todas formas y considerenlo como no puesto.
Un Saludo y gracias

Estos asnos mudos apenas hablan Inglés.
Di lo que quieras.

Es posible que no hablan Inglés así como dijo Jake, pero también no hablar alemán, húngaro, holandés o francés bien tampoco.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:31 am
Site Admin

Gabor wrote:

Es posible que no hablan Inglés así como dijo Jake, pero también no hablar alemán, húngaro, holandés o francés bien tampoco.

Y no se preocupe por mí, hablo compañero Australiano :laughing :fuckum

(And don't worry about me, I speak Australian mate) :like :koolaid

And for Nabs....És ne aggódj miattam, szólok ausztrál tars :laughing (don't let me down oh great translator) :rofl

:yoda2 :Wolvie

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:37 am

-.-- . .- .... -.-- --- ..- --. ..- -.-- ... - .... .. -. -.- -.-- --- ..- .- .-. . ... --- ... -- .- .-. - -·-·--

-.-- --- ..- .- .-.. .-.. .- .-. . .- -... ..- -. -.-. .... --- ..-. .... --- -- --- ... ·-·-·-

take that! Hah!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:08 pm
Site Admin

elwood wrote:
-.-- . .- .... -.-- --- ..- --. ..- -.-- ... - .... .. -. -.- -.-- --- ..- .- .-. . ... --- ... -- .- .-. - -·-·--

-.-- --- ..- .- .-.. .-.. .- .-. . .- -... ..- -. -.-. .... --- ..-. .... --- -- --- ... ·-·-·-

take that! Hah!

Take this :laughing :rofl

-.-- . .- .... --..-- .-- . .- .-. . .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- --.- ..- .. - . ... -- .- .-. - --..-- .- .-.. - .... --- ..- --. .... ... --- -- . --- ..-. ..- ... -.. --- -. .----. - .-.. --- --- -.- --- .-. .- -.-. - .. - .-.. --- .-.. .-- . .-.. .-.. --..-- --. .- -... --- .-. -.. --- . ... -. .----. - .-.. --- --- -.- .. - . .. - .... . .-. --..-- -... ..- - .. .- -- ... ..- .-. . .... . .. ... .-.-.- ..-. .--- -.. . ..-. .. -. .. - . .-.. -.-- .. ... -. .----. - ... -- .- .-. - --..-- .... . .--- ..- ... - ..-. . . -.. ... .--. .- -.. -.. --- -.-. -.- ... - --- . .-.. . ..-. ..- -. - ... .-.. -- .- ---
:fuckum :laughing :yoda2 :Wolvie

Last edited by MadMuz on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:27 pm
Site Admin

MadMuz wrote:
Gabor wrote:

And for Nabs....És ne aggódj miattam, szólok ausztrál tars :laughing (don't let me down oh great translator) :rofl

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
There isn't a single translator that will translate Hungarian properly!!!
NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO :OZ
But I get it :first
This is what it should say : Te ne izgulj amiatt hogy ausztrálul beszélek barátom.
I know...it doesn't even look anything like the translator gave you....Phucking Google :rofl

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:36 pm
Site Admin

Gabor wrote:
MadMuz wrote:
Gabor wrote:

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
There isn't a single translator that will translate Hungarian properly!!!
NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO :OZ
But I get it :first
This is what it should say : Te ne izgulj amiatt hogy ausztrálul beszélek barátom.
I know...it doesn't even look anything like the translator gave you....Phucking Google :rofl

Yours translated as: You don't fret because I'm talking to my friend ausztrálul. :noidea Talán nem beszél, vagy nagyon jól írni a magyar? Talán érdemes ragaszkodni amerikai? haha :noidea :pop :laughing :yoda2 :Wolvie

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:42 pm

It is even hard to translate Hungarian when He is speaking English! Sheesh!

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:50 pm
Site Admin

OUCH :badluck

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]