It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 WRENS fly-in September 13 - 15, 2018 

OK, I was there! I showed up around 11:00 am with a truckload of parts and the gyro in tow, It was kind of tough on the old 4 cyl Dodge Dakota, but we made it..
There were all the usual suspects there form Georgia and the Carolina's.
The Jet gyro did not fly at the fly in, Barry did start it just to drain the fuel from the seat tank, does not take long. The wind was pretty gusty and strong, I flew for a short while and it was just really squirrely.
Lots of the other people from the Carolinas had to evacuate their area, or stay and batten down the hatches, so a fly in was not top priority for the weekend.
Around 4:30 or so the Carolina guys decided to pack it up and head out so they would not spend the next day driving in monsoon rains with gyros in tow, I decided to pack it up also, that way I could get home and sleep in my own bed. It was a good turnout for a hurricane weekend, BUT, being a hurricane weekend really messed it up, Mark Linn and Trell stayed till the next morning.

Too bad since Wrens is a great location to fly, nice small airport. Hopefully next year the weather will cooperate more.
I think there were at least 10 gyro's,

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2