It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Bensen Days 2017 
:D

Last edited by Flying Wolverine on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:13 pm
Flying Wolverine wrote:
JonCarleton wrote:
Flying Wolverine wrote:
Maybe someone could bring in a management group like BDO or something to do all the heavy lifting.

JonCarleton wrote:
Actually, the Georgia folks who volunteer LIKE doing the work. I don't mind throwing my hat in the ring every so often myself. I think it makes one feel "connected" to the event. I drove down and back with Mark, and he says that he looks forward to being part of the setup and judging for the contests.

I brought up the BDO thing from the TV commercials I have seen kind of in jest as a sudo solution. How do Sun n Fun and other fly-in organizers do it and make it work? I know it is a chore and a half to do it either way so kudo's to those who do it and have done it. I remember things like the way you described Jon the very first year I went to B.D.'s and it did not impress me.

Then Gabor took over and WOW!!...fun fun and more fun.......unfortunately I had to work this year....not fun, but glad more gyro's that are new are in the mix now. It should make things more exciting....not more pressure for them......It does get kind of expensive if u have to watch that kind of thing. Now that the political scene has changed maybe the fiscal world will get better and help next year.

Let's make Bensen Days :maga !

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:16 pm
Site Admin

I don't think it had anything to do with who was running it. We just had a few bad years with Scott Lewis and people were sick of the good ole boys club attitude. So when I came on board it was something they were willing to give a chance to.
Yes I have changed the date and pissed off a lot of people off the bat!
Yes refused to shut down this forum because it was bad for the chapter's image.
Yes I had soooo much help from the guys up in Georgia, the Carolinas, Texas and the Sunstate members that it was almost too easy to make it fun.
At that time even the Morons were helpful. And that made a big difference.
Sure.... I had advertised it in radio, news paper, social media and personally interacted with most patrons.
Believe me when I say I have burnt out doing so!
We had the enthusiasm through the roof.
it is just not there right now that's all.....

Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:51 pm

Wolfie:
I wasn't trying to criticize. Rather, just pointing out that some folks actually LIKE pain and suffering :D

Sun-n-Fun isn't a good example. It is now run by the city and a lot of the heavy lifting is done by city employees. EAA also sends a bunch of both paid and volunteer workers along to grease the wheels. The really big shows have paid employees. The smaller ones usually have one or more dedicated folks that beat themselves to death making things work for a few years, only to burn out and hopefully pass the flag to someone else with motivation. That model =requires= help, or it won't happen.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:29 pm
Profile WWW

All of the points made are 100% correct B-Days will go on and it will have good years and bad years.
If you moved it I would still always try and make it... it is way too much fun if you let it be!

PRA- Board of Director - Secretary
PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - V.P. of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft
http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
JonCarleton wrote:
Wolfie:
I wasn't trying to criticize. Rather, just pointing out that some folks actually LIKE pain and suffering :DI know that silly....if I thought otherwise I'd PM ya.....I'm not one to criticize although many think I am critical....critically brain damaged! LOL!! :laughing :goofy

Sun-n-Fun isn't a good example. It is now run by the city and a lot of the heavy lifting is done by city employees. EAA also sends a bunch of both paid and volunteer workers along to grease the wheels. The really big shows have paid employees. The smaller ones usually have one or more dedicated folks that beat themselves to death making things work for a few years, only to burn out and hopefully pass the flag to someone else with motivation. That model =requires= help, or it won't happen.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:16 pm
Site Admin

elwood wrote:
I tried to spread the good cheer, I even gave Jake some pointers!

I was on my fat tire unicycle with authentic Australian bush hat.. :like

That looks KuuuuL with the mag wheel.... is it true that 'uni cycle' is actually short for eunuch-cycle... :noidea

coz it turns guys into eunuchs if they aren't careful? :eek :ugeek: :? :laughing :yoda2 :Wolvie

:Confederate

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Yes Muz that is true, First thing you learn is do not sit on your nutz. after that it is just about balance... :laughing

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:09 am
Site Admin

Does the mag rim make it easier or harder to ride than a normal wheel?

You should get a car rim with a big hoosier slick on it and make it a unicycle? :bigballs Now that would be funny :laughing :like :wol2 :Wolvie

Making unicycling great again :maga

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:03 am

Actually the big tire makes it more difficult, but it looks cool!

I need one with shocks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:02 am
Site Admin

This might help? :noidea :laughing :yoda2 :Wolvie

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3