It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Dec 3 2016 Peach State Quarterly Meeting 

It's coming up soon!

This year, we are having a covered dish luncheon as part of our fly-in/meeting. We've had good success with our summer cookouts, so this just makes sense. All are welcome.

The meeting will be, as usual, at our hangars at Cedartown, Georgia, Polk County Airport (4A4) and will include various gyros flying around along with top grade hangar flying.

Expect arrivals around 9:00AM and lunch around noon. Address, directions and more information are available at http://www.peachstaterotorcraft.org/section/about

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:18 pm
Profile WWW

Just a few days to go!
Looking at the posts on Peach State forum, we still need folks to commit to bring specific food items for the covered dish lunch. Some items that have not yet been offered:

Prime Rib
Grilled Lobster
T Bone Steaks
Whole Hog BBQ

Now is your chance to step up!

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:20 am
Profile WWW

Thanks everyone who attended! It was not perfect weather, but the turnout was outstanding and the warm, friendly nature of the attendees thawed things out nicely. There was great food, lots of interesting machines to look at, including the usual suspects plus:

Mac's new RAF1000 project

Hartsler's "Buzzard" One-of a kind 532-powered twin boom/rudder machine (expect flying video)

The Tango Gyroplanes (Tango 1 flown by Scott, Tango 2 rides by me)

Lots of new folks attended and many long-time constituents made the trek. Ron and Rodney came over from Alabama, and Barry brought a load over from the Carolina Barnstormers group.

The weather, was kind to us and rain did not appear until after 3PM. All-in-all, a wonderful time! I would expect pictures and videos to follow.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:14 pm
Profile WWW

I have a story about Macs gyro, I looked at that thing YEARS ago, I found out about it through a a guy at work that had a hunting buddy, that was selling a gyro/helicopter for a family estate, It was located in Ellenwood Ga, close to where I used to live, It was built in the early 1990's by a retired Eastern Airlines captain, He flew it a few times and then it sat and sat and sat, in a pole barn, out in the weather, He wanted $7000 at the time, He would not budge off the price, I told him good luck, and left. Then years later there it is in the Peachstate hangar!!
I think he should ditch the subaru and put a yamaha 3 cyl on it and raise the cabin some and get it closer to CLT, oh yeah, and remake every single part on it, at least He has patterns to copy! :boink

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:25 pm

Yes, it is a true example of the word, "project." I don't know that I'd ditch the SOOB, but I do like the Yamaha 3 cylinder engines. At least he could sell the rotors for what he paid for everything and still come out money ahead.

There was a recall on the hub bar at one time. Anyone remember the details? I heard that the guy who built it stopped flying because of the hub bar recall.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Something about It is a poor design having the bolt loaded in shear would be my guess....The blades are probably fine if you use a different hub bar. Bil Ortmeyer killed a student pilot when his bolt broke.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]