It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Dead Pig Saturday at KDED 

Dead Pig Saturday at KDED this Saturday 3/12/2016 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm hosted by Doc Baily

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

..... ― Pawan Mishra

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Is that the same Doc Bailey who tried to all me a UFO,(non-flying) for $35k ?

fj

Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:15 pm
Site Admin

Zactly. The D-motor dealer. Interesting fella to say the least!

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:46 pm
Site Admin

Half price for mooozlums? :noidea :laughing :rofl :fuckum :beefcake :yoda2 :Wolvie

:Confederate

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:30 am

"Doc" Bailey's latest:

http://sportpylonairraces.com/

Note: that video was done when he was targeting the event for last month. The story is that FAA was too busy to staff the event and he could contact them after the current season --> Sept '16

Yes, he is a very interesting guy.

He is also putting together a new fly-in community incorporating the old Bob Lee airport in DeLand.

..... ― Pawan Mishra

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:47 am

Other good things happening at KDED include a local aviation business now has a contract for final assembly of new S-LSA aircraft with an order to assemble the first 12 airplanes with a possibility that the manufacturing facility could maybe possibly (pure speculation at this point) be relocated to DeLand.

Another rumor is the speculation of a Light Sport Aircraft Event at KDED. This is only speculation and is probably based on the fact that the Lady that marketed the Light Sport Expo in Sebring now works for the City of DeLand at the airport office.

The contractor has been hired and has ordered the new equipment to install a NEW AWOS III P/T system as well as a new beacon light system and other improvements. Should be operational by July/August.

Phase I of the new light sport village on the east side of the airport (where EAA hanger is) is in process. The engineer is developing the construction plans. Phase I will include 36 new T hangers.

Quote:
From wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_airport_weather_station#Automated_Weather_Observing_System_.28AWOS.29
AWOS A: barometric pressure and altimeter setting (in inches of Mercury).
AWOS I: wind speed and wind gusts (in knots), wind direction (from which the wind is blowing) and variable wind direction (in degrees of the compass), temperature and dew point (in degrees Celsius), altimeter setting and density altitude.
AWOS II: all AWOS I parameters, plus visibility and variable visibility (in miles).
AWOS III: all AWOS II parameters, plus sky condition (in oktas), cloud ceiling height (in feet), and liquid precipitation accumulation (in inches).
AWOS III P: all AWOS III parameters, plus precipitation type (rain, snow and sometimes drizzle) identification.
AWOS III T: all AWOS III parameters, plus thunderstorm detection (via a cloud-to-ground lightning detector).
AWOS III P/T: all AWOS III parameters, plus precipitation type identification and thunderstorm detection.

..... ― Pawan Mishra

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:13 am
Site Admin

That strip won't accommodate many types of aircraft.
The end of the strip has produce growers taking a huge chunk out of the runway.
I don't know who the genius was who sold that chunk but I have the feeling the people who live by the strip wanted to make sure that no larger than ultralight would ever even attempt to land there.
:noidea

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:32 am
Site Admin

What is all that black stuff at the east end? Is that trees under netting or something? :noidea

Thats my kind of runway... long and dirt :like :pop

Where do they race? (where are the pylons/markers put?)

:yoda2 :Wolvie

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:11 pm
Site Admin

Those are the produce growers.
In Florida we have to block the sun or it boils the freaking fruit.
Plus they are somewhat protecting from birds and insects.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:36 pm
Site Admin

They look nice and soft to land in if you have engine out on take off :noidea :laughing

I saw on the video, the pig burn is at the big airport .... The small dirt one is good tho.... how far are you from the airports Nabs? :noidea :bunny :yoda2 :Wolvie

Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:47 pm
Site Admin

Dangerously close. About 20 mins from either my house or work.
I got no aircraft and apparently SkyCruiser uhum uhum......ain't sending me progress pictures...uhum!!!!
Hint hint nod nod :sf-fight

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:04 pm

More on the planned new fly-in community--the investor has already purchased over 200 acres just north of old bob lee strip where they will build a new paved 12/30 runway. Bob lee is a grass strip, very sandy. I know some fixed wing pilots that regularly do tng's there.

Also, a new light sport aviation expo is no longer rumor. The City of DeLand spent last week at Sun N Fun promoting it. It will be similar to the Sebring Expo and this year is scheduled for Nov 3rd through 5th.

We ought to get as many gyros to attend as possible!!

..... ― Pawan Mishra

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:34 pm
Site Admin

Yeah, that was the dirt strip I was talking about.... the people in those houses like sardines on the southern side will be spewing if/when it goes ahead :puke2 :badluck :laughing

What is the airspace like there being so close to the big airport? What is that ring road just north, around the aquafer? Is that a race track or just a road? :noidea :pop :yoda2 :Wolvie

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:59 pm
Site Admin

That strip is about 4-5 minutes of flight from KDED. I wouldn't use it though unless if it was a real engine out :rofl

Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]