It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Wrens September? 
Site Admin

K. Some pics. Darren you suck bastard! Where the fuck were you again? You sad you were coming.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:01 pm

I just returned from Wrens. Here are some items of interest:

1. Gabor won two awards (and makes a mean pot of Hungarian gumbo).
2. There is bound to be some AWESOME video when Gerald gets back and uploads what he shot.
3. It was beautiful weather, a great crowd and loads of gyros of all kinds.
4. Peach State completely overwhelmed the Barnstormers for attendance.
5. John's clipboard nearly burst into flame on at least two occasions.

One of the most remarkable things about this fly-in was the number of gyroplanes from great distances. If this keeps up, all these new euro-tubs are going to ruin the long-time reputation gyroplanes have for being terrible cross-country platforms. At least 8 machines (and possibly a few more I didn't talley) flew in from over 100 miles and many of those flew several hundred miles.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Of course Nabs won the 'longest joystick award' :koolaid

After all, he is a 'well Hung arian' after all? :like :laughing

Congrats Duuuuuude :like :ugeek:

Not bad for an :bitch :rofl :rofl :chainsaw :yoda2 :Wolvie

:Confederate

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:59 am
Sadly I am becoming that guy who wants to show up and then becomes a no show, lamo!

Even I am disappointed in myself.........I had the money and it burned a hole in my pocket and turned into an ADBS transponder doohickey!!!
Attachment:
VisionProClear.png

Sorry is my only excuse.....as in I am a sorry bastard...not sorry I did not make it. I probably would have just beaten Ron Asswad up anyway.

I don't like that guy much...I'm sure it's mutual. Anywho I promise to be at the next one. Been hitting the build pretty hard....it's startin to look like a gyro again.

Looks like a great gig though....love that a lot of ppl flew there instead of driving....they are supposed to be fly ins!! :gyro2 ;-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:08 am
Site Admin

Flying Wolverine wrote:
I had the money and it burned a hole in my pocket and turned into an ADBS transponder doohickey!!!

Awesome doohickie :like :koolaid :pop :wol2 :Wolvie

Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:05 am

Sorry I missed it...

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:28 am
Site Admin

Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:34 am
Gabor,

Did u sell your gyro?

Did u fly your gyro?

I'm glad you missed me!! :laughing :boink :rofl

Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:50 am

I have to say that each video Gerald produces is better than the last. He did a great job of integrating the people in this video in addition to showcasing the machines. The only thing I wish is that he'd get over his fascination with fly-by footage and show landings. I would put a warning label on this video: "WARNING: NO GYROPLANES EVER LANDED IN THIS VIDEO," except he had one distant landing at the end.

That may be just me. I could watch hours of gyroplane takeoff and landings and don't really care if I ever see another fly-by.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Well dun, well hung-arian award goes to..... Nabs :koolaid :yoda2 .... :laughing

Yeah, did you or anyone take the behemoth for a blatt? :noidea :gyro2

Any serious lookers or buyer? :noidea :pop :bigballs :yoda2 :Wolvie

Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:56 am

Greg Spicola flew the Behemothat Wrens. Gerald should have some good video once he gets it all put together. I think there may even be air-to-air coverage.

Lots of folks drooled over the machine. Hopefully the exposure and/or related video to come will generate a sale. It performed well in the air.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:19 am
Profile WWW

Great turn out!
It was great seeing all of you there. I wish I could have stayed longer.
I was five miles from home and 15 minutes ahead of schedule yet the boss lady called and wanted to know where I was.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:44 pm

I know that drill. I get calls from my wife more often than is statistically expected just before I turn in at the driveway. Occasionally, after I have already pulled into the garage. Usually it is because she wants me to stop somewhere on the way home and pick up something to bring home.

Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

RayNAiken wrote:
Great turn out!
It was great seeing all of you there. I wish I could have stayed longer.
I was five miles from home and 15 minutes ahead of schedule yet the boss lady called and wanted to know where I was.

From Jon:.....Usually it is because she wants me to stop somewhere on the way home and pick up something to bring home.

I had one of those.... but I gave it up to keep what was left of my sanity :laughing

Jon, they all do that.... wait until you get home and ring to get you to pick something up.... it is a test.... to see what they can get you to do without getting shitty.... or if you do get shitty, how shitty over what is what they are working out..... the basic idea is to see what level of pussy control they have over their man.... if he is still 'pussy whipped' or if the grip of the pussy is waning....

Don't you love it when they want you to drive 10 miles to buy some salt or something trivial..... especially non drivers... they just think it is no problem... they don't know all the crap with traffic/parking etc.... so, not being pussy whipped... I just say "No, phuck off!" :laughing :pop :yoda2 :Wolvie

Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:37 am
Site Admin

By the way! Ray has thrown in the monkey wrench and surrounded himself with two fellows that I was so desperately trying to remember of. I hate when I can't remember faces.......turns out we have never met!
Damn it! Funny Ray says "I am Ray" and I am like DUH I know that but those two next to you.... ROFLMAO.
Total disaster on my part not wanting to look like an ass and trying to pull their names out of my non existing memory of them.
Oh well. I still won the longest joystick award!!!!
Oh and we did moon Greg Spicola and the rest of the boys as they took off!
Cause we ain't just a bunch of :bitch

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:43 am

Gabor wrote:
By the way! Ray has thrown in the monkey wrench and surrounded himself with two fellows that I was so desperately trying to remember of. I hate when I can't remember faces.......turns out we have never met!
Damn it! Funny Ray says "I am Ray" and I am like DUH I know that but those two next to you.... ROFLMAO.
Total disaster on my part not wanting to look like an ass and trying to pull their names out of my non existing memory of them.
Oh well. I still won the longest joystick award!!!!
Oh and we did moon Greg Spicola and the rest of the boys as they took off!
Cause we ain't just a bunch of :bitch

I'm going to suggest the club buy some stick on name tags where we can write our names and forum nicknames.

I am like wise about remembering names. And I've know some of them since 1997.
I am the world's worst at remembering names.
My grandpa used to call me all my uncle's names until he settled on mine. so I got it honest.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:28 pm

I got tired of all the guff I was taking about not bringing a gyroplane to a gyroplane event, so I "invented" this handy little add-on. Mind you, it is still in the development stages and some of the technical issues yet remain to be worked out. And OK...sure...it may not be the caliber of workmanship of Jake's typical offerings, but if you look at it from a standpoint of results per time spent in design and fabrication, I think you will see it compares favorably.

Aircraft Spruce has been contacted with regard to distribution rights. We have yet to come to an arrangement, but I feel certain that will happen eventually if at some point they stop hanging up the phone each time I call.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Looked fine to me! :plike

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:13 pm
Site Admin

And very graciously we did moon the departing crew.....bad moon was rising early in Wrens......I am sure Greg and Kent got a kick out of it! They were like WTF????????????????

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:37 pm
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next