It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Bensen Days 2015 pictures 
Site Admin

MadMuz wrote:
Edit: Hey, that is KuuuL.... Roy won 'best helicopter' in his gyrocopter.... well done!

The winning helicopter.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:11 am
Site Admin

Is that Roy's? That is KuuuL :lick :koolaid

Does he fly that like he flies his gyros? :noidea :laughing :laughing

I love watching his gyro displays :like Awesome it is on floats as well.... great idea :wol2 :Wolvie

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:39 am
Site Admin

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:44 am
He is a pretty awesome pilot!

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:08 pm
And I will add my take on This great Pilot....He is a gentleman!!!

Never met him before I asked and was given permission to take his picture just off the cuff and with him never having met me.

He took a great deal of time with me and answered all of my noobie, and i'm just curious questions.

He was just a really good ambassador for gyroplanes!!!

It was not til much later I found out who he was and what he did for a living and just what a kewl guy he is. :like

Attachment:
IMG00680-20130404-1028 (2).JPG

:half

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Roy is a good dude...Even if He is African American.... :rofl

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:36 pm
Site Admin

Flying Wolverine wrote:

Never met him before I asked and was given permission to take his picture just off the cuff and with him never having met me.

He took a great deal of time with me and answered all of my noobie, and i'm just curious questions.

:half

It must be your good looks and charming personality Darren :noidea or it could have been the gun you were pointing at him :noidea :laughing :laughing

I sure wish that the FAA and the new to gyrocopter people would stop calling gyrocopters 'gyroplanes' that is the most irritating, insulting thing you can refer to a gyrocopter as.... and people pay big bux for a nice gyrocopter, then, even they are happy to call it a gyroplane :noidea

This is/was a gyroplane.... a plane with its wings removed. That is not a 'heliplane' behind it.... it is a 'helicopter'... when in traffic and you say 'gyroplane' on the radio, half asleep spam can pilots will be looking for a 'plane' of some description.... a FW..... if you say the proper name, gyrocopter, they will be looking for whirly wings of some description and might even see you.... if they bother looking :realcrazy :laughing :laughing :Wolvie

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:19 am
Site Admin

Well the phrase "gyrocopter" is still being owned by Igor Bensen.
In the world of unethical lawyers due to a few cases involving the phrase people tend to stay away from lawsuits.
I also announce myself either Autogyro or just simply Gyro.
And let the tower re-name us gyroglider...... :rofl :eek :noidea

Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:25 am
Site Admin

True, and all of our stick frame basics as well as the euro tubs are basically Bensens.... Had Dr Bensen had an issue with people calling their machines Gyrocopters, he would have said so when he was alive..... I am like you, gyrocopter, or just leave it at gyro :laughing :laughing

The only way I would write gyroplane or let alone call my gyrocopter a gyroplane, is in an official document or at a ramp check.... even then, I would write or say gyrocopter and let them correct me. To me, the word gyroplane rings of way back in history, like 'wireless' for radio, 'automobile' for car, 'air screw' for propeller(unless talking about an air hostess :lick :koolaid ) etc....

I look at my ASRA ' pilot certificate: gyroplane' and my bottom lip begins to tremble :realcrazy :badluck :killme :laughing :laughing :wol2 :Wolvie

Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:24 am
Gyroplane......gyroplane......gyroplane......gyroplane......gyroplane......gyroplane......gyroplane.!!!!!

:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :pop

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Flying Wolverine wrote:
Gyroplane......gyroplane......gyroplane......gyroplane......gyroplane......gyroplane......gyroplane.!!!!!

Keep it up and you will drive some of us to ... ALL CAPS ... ALL CAPS ... ALL CAPS ... ALL CAPS ...

GYROCOPTER ..... GYROCOPTER ...... GYROCOPTER ...... GYROCOPTER .... GYROCOPTER ...

.... see what I mean :) :) :)

Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:39 am

WOLVERCOPTER ... WOLVERCOPTER ... WOLVERCOPTER ... WOLVERCOPTER

Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:42 am
Site Admin

As FJ would say.....

Fick Y'all :ultragay :wol2 :Wolvie

Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:38 am

Thank you,Muz !

fj

Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:29 am
Site Admin

farmer jim wrote:
Thank you,Muz !

fj

Fick you especially! :laughing :laughing :yoda2 :Wolvie

Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8