It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 St Patrick's Day Flyin March 20-23 at Dublin, GA 

Mark your calendars!

EAA Chapter 1195 is sponsoring the 1st Annual St Patrick’s Day FlyIn March 20-22, 2015 at Bud Barron Airport (KDBN http://www.airnav.com/airport/KDBN) in Dublin, GA. All aircraft are welcome!

I have been asked by the chapter and by the airport manager to give a special invite my gyro friends as they would really like to know more about gyros. This is the first year for this flyin and the club and airport manager are eager to make this a unique event. This is an excellent opportunity to get another gyro dominated flyin here in the southeastern US. The airport manager is especially excited about the possibility of gyroplanes on the field.

There will be primitive camping sites available for tents and RVs, hangars to park your gyros overnight, and hangars to spread your bed roles out in. Terminal has bathrooms and showers. Lots of farm fields to fly over and it should be a good time for all.

There will also be a $.25 per gallon discount for 100LL aviation fuel and there will be a door prize of $100 worth of 100LL given away.

Saturday, March 21 will be the main day with the club serving a free pancake breakfast/brunch.

There will also be shuttles available to take you into town to participate in the local St Patrick’s Day festivities. Activities include huge crafts fair, Parade, an awesome car show and many other things if you want to explore the area away from the airport.

How many of your other friends can say they will celebrate St Patrick’s Day in Dublin?

email me at harold dot powers at usg.edu if you have any question.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Nothing like an early Spring gathering of EAB aircraft... to get us all in the spirit of flying for the summer!

THX for posting Harold... hope to make the gathering!

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:39 pm
This looks like fun - may have to plan it.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:10 pm

How did the email that you sent to me automaticly forward itself to everyone in my address list before I even opened or checked my email??

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:19 pm

elwood wrote:
How did the email that you sent to me automaticly forward itself to everyone in my address list before I even opened or checked my email??

Have no Idea Elwood! Nothing malicious in the email that I am aware of.

Harold

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]