It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Zephyrhills Fly-In Saturday 11/22 

We'll be rolling out the grill to celebrate our new on-site CFI this Saturday 11/22 at the Zephyrhills airport. Fly, drive or walk in and say congrats to Greg for this accomplishment.
:bigballs

I want to die quietly in my sleep like my grandfather... not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

Last edited by Hydro Pilot on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:57 pm
Weather and wife permitting, I will be there.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:32 pm
Sounds like a road trip may be in Order for Cindi's new ride. she traded her Mazda 3 in for something that pulls better then my Forster.. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Jeff - I'll have you a burger ready before you leave this time.

Tim - Will Cindi be giving rides in her new limo?

I want to die quietly in my sleep like my grandfather... not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:38 pm

Tim and Cindi--- I am happy for you two. Enjoy your new ride and your beautiful Florida life.

Tim....call me sometime again....I lost your number...I was trying to call you today.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:43 pm
Site Admin

Gonna try to make it. Now that I don't have ebola anymore..... :wol2 :wol2 :wol2

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:56 pm

I will be there. :gyro2

Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:52 am
:dance :like :wol

Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:01 am
Site Admin

And just remember.... nobody scratch the new truck or :punch :Nazi :bigballs :chainsaw :laughing :laughing

That includes you Animal! :calmdown :badluck :rofl :rofl

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:10 am

If Darrin is coming I'll have to change my front tire :yoda2

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:24 pm
Site Admin

Greg Spicola wrote:
If Darrin is coming I'll have to change my front tire :yoda2

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:25 pm
I already have a brand new one do u want me to bring it!!! :Cheapass :laughing :laughing

Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:01 am
Site Admin

Ok, whats the gag with Darrens tire? It must be a good one, poor Gabs looks like he cleared out the last of the snot when he laughed his head off :laughing :yoda2

Come on, spill the beans :noidea .... embarrass Darren, I wont tell anyone :lie :pop

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:33 am
Site Admin

Well apparently Darren lands the gyro thinking it's a unicycle.....he uses the nose wheel to land on.....it's a pretty damn good trick......makes people hold their breaths!
:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:55 am
Site Admin

Wow, that is a good party trick :eek does he do it on purpose, or is the machine hung to nose down?

The only time I have ever had the nose last off and I guess first on, was when I test flew a machine for a guy who weighed about half my weight and so with my fat arse in the chair, it was way down at the front :laughing

I was surprised when the mains lifted off before the nose wheel :eek so it was a very short test flight..... If I were Darren, I would hang test it again, the next step from too nose down is running out of back stick (so can't flare) :eek :realcrazy

Next time you see him fly, get him to do a couple of passes at eye level to the guys on the ground and see how far back the head is tilting at straight and level(take pics)..... If it is way back, consider bolting or attaching firmly a couple of # weight on the tail and see if it improves.... but a rehang would be an excellent idea (ASAP) in my opinion :calmdown :pop

Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:47 am
Site Admin

Flying over to see you guys. See ya tomorrow around 9 ish.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:27 pm
It's really not all that long in the tooth!!!

There might have been a few times when I was testing out the nose wheels capabilities during my early days learning to fly a Dominator...specifically Greg's Dominator....I was told I was the reason the front tire wears out so quickly. So I bring a spare when I go up with him. :bigballs

It's really more about me taking credit for a new landing procedure when there is no head wind and I have to make a quick touch down....I call it the nose down protocol!!!!!! :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

Unfortunately my technique is not so good anymore since I was trained out of doing it in the future.

But i do plan to get a logged lesson this weekend. Maybe?????

Just kidding Greg...in case your reading this!!! :laughing :laughing

:wol

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:17 pm
Site Admin

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :pop

Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:20 am

"There are two types of people in this world my friend" - Those who talk and those who do. At ZPH we do!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:03 pm
Congrats Greg.

I apologize for not being able to show up as intended. :killme

Roberta's car broke down on her this morning and I had to do the repairs since she needs it for work to do her paper route
everyday and by the time I was finished and all grimy from years of road grime I discovered the job had taken all the wind out of my sails.

Not to mention the freakin rain dampened my spirits since I figured no flying would occur and I so wanted to get a logged hour with you. :badluck

Glad some of you still made it happen. Some days just don't go as planned......Damn Murphy!!!!

See u soon.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next