It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Anahuac Fly-in 

FJ & I are enjoying great company & sweet weather here @ the Chapter 62 fly-in!

Had a fast trip - down ... trying a different route thru Dallas & good traffic flow all the way made it in 11.75 hrs ... had just enough light left to get OZ'rora off trailer & set up the camp-room ... on arrival! No distractions - as Steve was out shopping & Kent @ motel - a nice break & cleanup away from the trailer!

Spent most of the early morning just visiting with Steve McG. & hearing all his cool stories!

Long slow leisurely check of OZ'rora ... getting rotors up took most of the day ... lots of visiting as club members began arriving!

Steve started his training of Stacy & Chauncey ... in the BLACK! .... looks like they were doing very well ... hoping to see them transitioned into their own gyros soon!

Several gyros flying mid afternoon ....Kent reported some squirelly winds coming off the lake & over the trees ... I was no hurry ... got Go-pro & iFly back on & checked all over again!

late afternoon ... calm winds ... I took off for a nice look around the locality .... very pretty evening! I saw one FW that was not using radio looking like it was coming around to land ... I flew past the airport & did some S turns ..... apparently the non-comm FW buzzed the airport along taxiway & left! ......
After my landing ... I slowly teased the rotors back up to balance speed... no wind to help so it was quite a way on the rough runway ... NO HINT OF SHIMMY!!!! :whoop YAY JAKE ... awesome shimmy guard! :first ... kinda bobby-balance ... not my usual smooth & easy! ( :noidea ... out of practise!)

On my return Steve asked if I'd like to fly the Black ... with him ... so I got my first experience in an "old-style" gyro ..... great experience to feel & fly a classic - pitch-unstable gyro! I did & felt better about it than I thought I would ... not as stick heavy as expected! ....... a sunset bonus!

The flying weather looks great & the visiting is awesome!

Mark Spies just rolled in! Another busy day tomorrow!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:43 pm
Site Admin

Great! Chris have a safe and fun filled fly in. Take tons of pictures please. And of course say hello to our TX brothers and sisters. I am so glad to see you in the air! You have really earned it. And now you are even a real pilot!!! No pictures....it didn't happen :wol2 :wol2

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:46 am
Chris,

LOL I got to fly the Black w/ Steve at Bensen Days last year....Do things still shake a bit???
:laughing :laughing :goofy

I thought so and it has pretty good power too!!! :gyro2

Have fun you PILOT U!!!!
:wol

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:53 am
Have fun; yes it did not happen unless there are pics. :violin

Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:47 am

:Cheapass

Pics ... only when we get home ....:( ... no space on my ipad to upload!

Had another great day ..... gaggle of 4 flew to Winnie ... little XC ... but HUGE for Stacy in his ultralight! ... topped off his fuel when we got there! More arrivals today .... BOO showed up with his cute gyro!

Tired 'n Happy! :whoop

I didn't notrice the Black shak'n that much ... engine sounder very smooth & powerful! !

That pitch instability is summtin else!!! :eek

Gave the camera to JIM .. get pics of me in THE BLACK ... dang-me he let me down ...plumb fergit! :killme :killme

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:46 pm

Anahuac update ....... another GREAT day in paradise!!! :Flag

Steve keeping busy with a bunch of students!

Attachment:
IMG_1508.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1520.JPG

Saturday .... A lot of gyros here ...about 10 in the "project" display line & as many flyers - on the flightline ... John Nagle, Paul Erb, Jason Knight arrived to fill out the MTO - Magni contingent ... got Chck Burgoon with his turbine mosquito XEL ... what a great day!

Attachment:
IMG_1544.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_1531.JPG

a LOT of flying ... some visitors ... some newbie prospects plus new club members looking at the expanded variety of machines ... Ron Clifton brought his ultralite butterfly & getting lessons from SteveMcG .... seems he's a natural ... Steve couldn't believe he'd only had a hour with Desmon - a year ago!

Attachment:
IMG_1532.JPG

I had a nice 1/2 hour fly in the morning ... seemed like the lunch feast of grilled chicken rolled around quickly

We even had a powered parachute fly!

Attachment:
IMG_1533.JPG

8 gyros & Chuck's mosquito participated in a delta formation ... flyby ... Tony led the briefing ... & for a first attempt @ a "formation" flyby - it came off fairly well - for being unrehearsed - in the air! Stacy in his gyrobee was lead ... Chris(R) & Danny (L) #2 & the Eurogyro's & Tony 2 place Aircommand behind in pairs with Chuck bringing up the rear ... Mark got a great video on his iphone ... which we got to see projected onto the canopy roof via Kent's Brookstone projector! ....... most of us broke-out & reformed for a line flyby along the runway ... then the group heading to Liberty for the 1/2 hr XC flight ... headed out!

Another cool XC fly ... direct North to Liberty ... apart from the first 10 mins being over forest it was a pleasant fly ..... ... the line-up of 7 gyros on the roomy ramp @ Liberty was impressive! ....a couple more days wait for pics from me ... though John Nagle has already posted on FBook!!

I was asked which was my favorite fly-in of the year ... having hit all the majors but El Mirage ... has to be the small home-club one that I FINALLY get to FLY at!

yep it's been a great week! .... wonderful way to wrap-up the gyro fly-in year!

Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:02 am

Gabor wrote:
Great! Chris have a safe and fun filled fly in. Take tons of pictures please. And of course say hello to our TX brothers and sisters. I am so glad to see you in the air! You have really earned it. And now you are even a real pilot!!! No pictures....it didn't happen :wol2 :wol2

OK pictures going up ... better get a HEAP of views & thanks ... YOU ASKED ... it happened ... HERE THEY ARE! :wol exclusive ... for now!

Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:07 pm
Site Admin

Thank you for the pics! Awesome bunch. I miss seeing Steve :(

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:06 am
Looks great Chris, thanks for the pics - definitely needs to go on my calendar for next year.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:46 am
I think 1.5 days flying each way should do it.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:59 am
Site Admin

masochist :argue

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:14 am
Gabor wrote:
masochist :argue
It's all about the journey as much as the destination! :calmdown

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:23 am

Gabor, that looks more like an invitation!

Imagine: 3 gyros leave KDED and meet up with many more gyros from St Augustine and Zephyrhills with one or more support crews following by car/truck.

:gyro2 :gyro2 :gyro2 :gyro2 :gyro2 :gyro2 :gyro2

..... ― Pawan Mishra

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:31 am
Site Admin

FUNK DAT!
I am :Nazi for that trip...and have a sensitive butt too! :eek

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:41 am

Time for some more pics????

IT was a GREAT EVENT ... ... going to rate up with ROTR ... soon ..next year even ??... great place to FLY ,great food ,awesome group & LOTS of gyros! :Flag :whoop :gyro

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:32 pm
Site Admin

Thank you for taking the time to post them. Wow. Nice turnout!!!!

Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:10 pm
Site Admin

Hey Chris, how many people reckon FJ bares quite a resemblance to Bryan Brown? :laughing (as in the :OZ actor) :laughing :laughing

Glad you had a blast.... looks like a fun fly in :like

great pics

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:17 am

GoPro video of my first flight in OZ'rora ... anywhere away from Kansas home base!!! :whoop FINALLY!!!

Sorry ... kinda long - I know ... wasn't in a heavy :Nazi editing mood!!! I DID speed up x2 ... cruising around the farms & swamps!

Enjoy! :wol2 mates :gyro2

=

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:41 am

Dropbear wrote:
OK pictures going up ... better get a HEAP of views & thanks ... YOU ASKED ... it happened ... HERE THEY ARE! :wol exclusive ... for now!

... hows this ....
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You

... plus a few more , times a million , then double it !!!!

Enjoyed the video too .... it brought 9 minutes of warmth here .... we are currently -25C
I watched your front landing gear on takeoff and landing ... smooth !!!!

As well as the people and aircraft I liked the (1954 ??) Cadillac ... do you know whose it is ??? ... and Steve's Greyhound ... I used to raise Russian Wolfhounds

Oh ... and by the way ... Thank You

:Can

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:09 pm
Site Admin

Here is a new 'like' delivery system :eek :like :laughing :laughing

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next