It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Breakfast fly in in Arcadia 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hello Friends,

We are gearing up for our winter flying season “All you can eat Pancake Breakfasts” beginning in October ! Please see the poster attached for the dates for this season. Note: we have added some menu items this year so plan to stop by and join us. If you are a pilot and fly in to join us, all you have to do for your free breakfast is to do a low pass over the runway prior to landing and you get yours free !

We have been busy working on our on airport “Pilot Shelter/Camping Area” We have the area cleared and have hauled in 8 loads of fill to smooth over the rough spots. When finished we will have tent camping sites, pilot shelter, picnic tables, fire pit and horse shoe pit. This is all made possible by the Arcadia City Council allowing us to develop a 3 acre plot of never used airport property. DeSoto County has also been a big sponsor of the plan and working with us on the project. We hope to have it ready for the Viet Nam Traveling Wall event sponsored by DeSoto County in early December and then the 2nd annual Rodeo Weekend Fly-In set for March of 2015.

So mark your calendars and join us for breakfast at the airport, see all types of aircraft, talk to the pilots and listen to pilot flying stories. ( not all of them lies)

Friends is a 501-c-3 charitable Florida Corporation and all of our profits go to support on airport projects like our Youth Aviation club at DeSoto High School. No money goes to salaries as we are all volunteers. Please join us and support our efforts.

Sincerely,

Friends of Arcadia Airport, Inc.
FriendsOfArcadiaAirport@Gmail.com

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:41 pm
Site Admin

I just looked at the Arcadia strip on googlemaps... what an awesome strip :bigballs :yoda2 :lick

:wol

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]