It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Carolina fly in 
Site Admin

Hey Rodney how did the fly in go? Barry always puts on a great fly in. :gyro2

Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:18 am

It was a good time you should have come on up . Best part was the the first test flight of my gyrobee :whoop
http://youtu.be/l5F3L_tiBQ0

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:22 am
Site Admin

That is very sweet!!!!!! Congratulations man. I am very happy for you. Nice job. Barry is a great guy. I love that man. He flew his ass off I bet. He always makes an extra effort to please everyone. I still owe him a flight :) Thank you for the video. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I assume you will be bringing you Bee to Bensen Days 2014?
Congrats again!
:wol

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:34 am

Yes Barry is a great guy and seems like he can fly anything like he owns it. I really appreciated him test flying the bee.
It turned out to Bee a good flyer :)

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:59 am
Site Admin

I am glad your machine is dialed in and tuned. God knows that a lot of times guys try to fly machines that were just assembled and never dialed in. A little left stick can make a difference between a successful landing and a botched one! You guys have a great guy there to help out. Which reminds me that it's been now 2 years since I went there....:( Sorry man. Life got in the way. Plus I crashed my gyro...so I have been rebuilding since last July :( Damn I am slow!!!!!!!!!! I'll try to make the the next one in May OK? It's in May right?

Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:48 am

There will be another one in the spring but as far as I know no set date he try's to pic a date when everyone can come. I hate your gyro got banged up and glad you came out ok .. I been trying to keep up with your rebuild you did a nice job on the tail looks great. I'm moor of a reader than a poster .. :)

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:20 pm
Site Admin

It's ok Rod. I have a few guys here that rather read and not post! :) Al tough I do enjoy exchanging ideas....which is only possible ....posting! LOL. I walked away from the crash with no injuries at all. It sucked but I got to live to tell! Flew the damn thing till the last tenth of a second as my training kicked in. I lost the controllability of the machine by losing both of my Teleflex cables in mid flight. I had very little directional control as the nose was pointing left and right pretty rapidly changing directions. So I made the best of it. I am a dumb helicopter pilot so of course my brain still thinks helicopter and I am sure that didn't help with the actual touchdown! Hahaaaaaaaaaaaa. But up to that point I was doing good I think. Anyways. The design has proven itself being able to take that shit and only a few parts (the most expensive ones of course) needed to be replaced. It was rather the redesigning that took some time. Plus I was kind of a pussy and didn't want to work on it in 2567489725 degrees of heat :cry

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]