It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Australian Automotive connection 
Site Admin

A few of my mates here in Oz are having some issues with our once favorite car forum, so I have invited them here.

AAACV8 is the first to sign up... he is a good friend from Western Australia... you wait until you find out his list of cars! (Epic)

So, this thread will mainly interest rev heads of the car world, hopefully the Aussie (pronounced Ozzy like Ozzy Osbourne) guys and I can hang out... you guys in the states and other parts of the world are free to join i and ask questions about Aussie car stuff,,, or brag about what you have (or would like to have)

If there is alot of interest or any objection, I will start an actual room out of the gyro/aviation area

:OZ :Flag :OZ :Flag :OZ

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Mon May 13, 2024 9:55 am

MadMuz wrote:
A few of my mates here in Oz are having some issues with our once favorite car forum, so I have invited them here.

AAACV8 is the first to sign up... he is a good friend from Western Australia... you wait until you find out his list of cars! (Epic)

So, this thread will mainly interest rev heads of the car world, hopefully the Aussie (pronounced Ozzy like Ozzy Osbourne) guys and I can hang out... you guys in the states and other parts of the world are free to join i and ask questions about Aussie car stuff,,, or brag about what you have (or would like to have)

If there is alot of interest or any objection, I will start an actual room out of the gyro/aviation area

:OZ :Flag :OZ :Flag :OZ

From my Dad who had 8 midget racers and a few Sprinters and half a family of 3 pilots and 3 race car drivers/owners

:pbunny WELCOME ABOARD :pbunny

Mon May 13, 2024 11:10 pm
Site Admin

Got any pics Hillbilly?

The midgets and sprint cars are awesome

There is still a speedway not far away from me in Maryborough (and most importantly, mower racing) :laughing

https://www.google.com/maps/@-25.563219 ... ?entry=ttu

With the housing development up against the track fence, one has to wonder how long the speedway will last? :realcrazy :badluck

I mean... who builds a housing development right next door to a speedway? (Someone who knows the speedway will eventually be gone I guess) :fuckum :punch :wol2 :Wolvie

:Jim

:OZ

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 14, 2024 1:10 am
Site Admin

Hey Junkstuff... sorry, I almost forgot Canad-a-stan... :eek :drama

I know you and your brother make some fairly mad vehicles too :half ... please show us a few on here when you get time :bigballs :yoda2 :Wolvie

:kissmyass

:Can

Tue May 14, 2024 1:30 am
Site Admin

I have a couple of questions about gas prices for you guys...

Here in Oz, we buy fuel by the liter... we have generally 91 RON, 95 RON and 98 RON ... some shell servos sell 100 RON. Some sell E85

We also have some watered down green gas that is 10% ethanol called E-10 (89 octane from memory)

At the moment, 91 is about $AU2 a liter and 98 is about $AU2.25 a liter (yes around $AU7.60 and $AU8.55 per US Gallon) :eek

Our Australian Micro Dollar is usually about the same as Canadas... so $AU8.55 is $US5.65

In Australia, we call Gas - petrol or unleaded.. When we refer to 'Gas' we generally mean what you call 'Propane' ... (same as we wear 'thongs' on our feet, not on our butt haha)

We call a gas station a 'servo' (short for service station)

I know that all diesel trucks after about 2016 have to have cow piss in their fuel (AdBlue) so they often have AdBlue pumps at servos... not sure of the cost

So, what does gas/petrol cost you in your neck of the woods? :noidea :pop :yoda2 :Wolvie

:Confederate

Tue May 14, 2024 1:49 am
Site Admin

We drive on the left here (well, most do) ... but here is what it looks like when going for an average drive here in Oz :eek :drama

Ass hats everywhere (especially in Melbourne) :laughing :rofl :ultragay :Wolvie

:kissmyass

:OZ

Tue May 14, 2024 3:08 am

Thanks for the introduction, madmuz.

One of my cars is a Holden Commodore, exported to the US as a Chevrolet SS, which has an LS3 heart. An excellent car to drive with the visceral experience of a V8. It is like a modern day E39 series BMW M5

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 14, 2024 9:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YInXReBYXk

A Curtis Roadster - A rare find

Gas here is $5 +

Hillberg Racing out of Cowboy Oklahoma (From Californication) might have videos

Most the tracks here are gone

Tue May 14, 2024 11:50 am
Site Admin

Is this your mob Hillbilly? :noidea :laughing :wol2 :Wolvie

Fill us in if you know

:Confederate

Tue May 14, 2024 12:44 pm

Yep, Just before my Pops died we all got together and saw the mob, Most were babies when they were introduce to the addictions .
Dan & Darren are my younger brothers and the kid are my cousins nephews nieces bothers room mates :pbunny

Tue May 14, 2024 6:59 pm

I paid $3.45 Gallon 2 days ago for Reg 89.

I drive approx 100 miles per day. 2012 Mazda 3 34mpg

Also have 2005 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel costs too much to drive to work every day. 17 mpg.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Tue May 21, 2024 7:22 am

elwood wrote:

Also have 2005 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel costs too much to drive to work every day. 17 mpg.

$5.08 last week and that's at costco seen prices as high as $6.50 a gallon

The self sacrifice of the green is killing us all and adding to the cost of living, It's suicide :pbunny

It's a retarded world its Clown World

Tue May 21, 2024 11:45 am

Hillberg wrote:
elwood wrote:

$5.08 last week and that's at costco seen prices as high as $6.50 a gallon

The self sacrifice of the green is killing us all and adding to the cost of living, It's suicide :pbunny

It's a retarded world its Clown World

Which is why I moved from CA in 2022 and to Arkansas. Bought property 4 times bigger at 25% of the cost. It is in the middle of no where (and this state still has alot of no where) and the county does not regulate what I do on my own property. I can build as many houses or barns or hangars or runways as I want. I can put in septic or drill wells, they don't care. We are in unincorporated area, we are left alone. We can shoot our guns anywhere on our property we want as long as we don't kill anything or anyone on neighboring land.

It is so nice to be FREE :yoda2 :die

In a state where everyone is like me, hunts and fishes and shoots....if you want to can carry a gun..........your choice.
Where I live we have virtually no crime..not because no one is prosecuted for a crime like in woke liberal states to hide the crime rate, but because everyone has a gun and it is stupid to break into a house or car jack someone you know is armed and will shoot you.

The move of the machine shop, all of our household goods, animals was expensive but darn well worth it. We had quite a bit left over so bought property for the kids one 13 the other 6. Will build it up with a house and such, so when they are out of high school, well out they go with a comfortable start and off to college. Can only afford to do that out of woke liberal states.

My dad's family was from Little Rock, spent many a summer here while growing up. It is still beautiful and all things you can do at the state parks is is free and included in the small property taxes you pay here. They don't nickle and dime you to death. Hell to register our Truck $20, our Honda Odyssey $20, my BMW 1150R $20, property taxes on all 3 vehicles $80. In 2022 in CA We paid $260 for the truck, $380 for the van and $135 for the motorcycle in taxes. Our property taxes here for our 5 bedroom house and total 50 acres were a whopping $900. For our 4 bedroom house in San Jose on a .28 acre lot $3200.

We are just finally truly enjoying life a lot with the kids. We can finally afford to have that fun too.

Oh and gas usually stays between $2.55 and $2.95, sometimes it will hit $3.05 for a week or so when old fuck up Joe does something stupid but it goes back down pretty quickly.

Wed May 22, 2024 11:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]