It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Giro, question... 

I mentioned your buddies sliding weight pitch control jump head on a thread at RWF, some guy is asking for link to videos and I don't remember the name, I know it wasn't something easy to find.
I told them to ask you, but if you want I can paste a link if you send it to me?

Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:25 pm

Salut Benry:

this is here : https://www.youtube.com/@michelcros9544

cheers

jmi

Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:28 am

Thanks mon ami

Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:59 am

avec plaisir mon pote !

Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:00 am

Girodreamer wrote:
Salut Benry:

this is here : https://www.youtube.com/@michelcros9544

cheers

jmi

Hi again. I am so sorry it has been so long since I emailed you. I got busy moving, moved 2065 miles. I had to use a High Cube 40 foot container to move my house and shop. 38,000 lbs total weight, just a few thousand over but the driver had no problems with it.

Anyway I am renovating the new house and mostly using my cell for email. Please drop me a line. Would love to catch up.

David

Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:00 am
Site Admin

Who is that guy? :noidea The jump takeoff is very good... :half :first

Why is he not a member here? :noidea can you invite him here Giro? :pop :maga :wol2 :Wolvie

:wol

:france

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:16 pm

Hi Murray,

I lost contact with Michel Cros;

he is a retired military Heli mechanic who has built a god 15 gyros in the lasts 40 years;

in addition he does not speak a word of English ;

I will visit him when I finish my long range tandem ;

he lives 250 km away from my strip and I can't fly so far without refuelling 2 times at least ...

I have already spoken of his regulator in the past here

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6023

to make a long story short for the newcomers, his mechanical regulator raises the collective blade pitch up to 6° when the rotor rpm is raising, and reduces the collective pitch when the rotor loses rpm (down to 0°)

he spins at 430 rpm at 0° (there is an electric stop) and then he releases the stop, the pitch raises in a fraction of seconds , the gyro jump .. he can't fall back violently because the rpm is always kept relatively constant , so heven if he fails his jumps he will land back smoothly

the system is on the hub bar, there is not mechanical link btw the regulator and the rest of the gyro

the system reduces the rotor rpm variation in a 40 rpm gap

the rotor still has a rpm variation but on a narrow gap

the result is that the the rotor reacts much quicker, when you pull the stick, lift comes sooner

michel says he lands really short even without winds

I am on a other project for the moment so I did not progress toward the regulator .. but it is still in my mind ..

I am interested in the regulator but not in jump take of .. jumping and having a risk to land back is I fail my take off means no vertical take off capabilities for me ..

but the regulator as a mean to spot land is interesting .. or was interesting .. at least until You showed me you own landing ... I am more in the mood to keep a simple rotor system now ...

as for take off I think that is I pre-rotate electrically to a stable 310 rpm with a free wheel , I will set the rotor at 8°, push the throttle to max and take off is 3 meters even without wind .. ans I will learn to land like MAD MUZ without any regulator .. hahaha

I am more excited in Cameron 8h12 wooden rotors then in the regulator now ..

I am also excited in the making an hybrid motor using an artic cat and li-po batteries then in investing years in a regulator ..

but who knows ??

hahaha

David,

I will definitely drop you an email ... i am also moving both my lawyer office and home at the time .. really busy days ...

cheers

jean mi

Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]