It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Dead in here! 

Henry Bowman wrote:
I might look more like Fat Albert!

HEY HEY HEY IT'S a AC-130 :pbunny

Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:05 pm

Those mono Wheels are the future of personal transport in order to avoid getting packed into buses, tramways, city trains etc

in Paris the mayor (a fucking leftist) has just decreed that fossil fuelled motorbikes would be subjected to an expensive parking taxation

the aim of such a taxation is to push everyone to use public transportation means ... they want us to get mixed with all the people we don't want to to be with ...

they want to transform all of us into robots travelling in sort of cattle trucks to go to work

they don't want us to own vehicles ... as the cities flats are too expensive , they want all of us to become simple tenants, paying high rents.. having just enough money to buy food, to pay for public transportation, and to buy smartphones to be collectively tracked in our displacements, they want to know how we spend our money they want to know what we think ....

I recently borrowed money to pay my ex wife what I owed her, and was told by the bank .. declare that you have been a smoker ... because if you don't, in case you have a problem they will find out that you have bought cigarettes with your credit card ... I replied .. fack off I always pay cash ... they don't know what I am doing with my money

In cities, paying cash, turning off all smart-phone geolocation ,using a monowheel is a good thing to do ...

Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:09 am

Speaking of controlling us like cattle, have any of you guys looked at the FUCKING PREPOSTEROUS cith Saudi Arabi is proposing called "The Line"
It's just a money ponzi scheme but our morons will love it in DC.
It doesn't even sound plausible from an engineering standpoint....
If they had said they were gonna build it on Mars it would be just as possible...

Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:26 am

just read things after you mentioned it ... totally crazy people ...
we should make E-fuel and totally stop buying petrol from them ...

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:35 am
Site Admin

Girodreamer wrote:

The trouble with E-fuels/Bio-fuels... is, there isn't enough land on earth to grow enough crops to provide the ingredients to make as much E-fuel as we use in oil at present... plus, the often coal burning electricity and diesel vehicles used in making the fuel all adds up and makes the process so much more expensive than just buying gas (same as making Hydrogen) :loser :badluck :laughing :bigballs :Wolvie

:Jim

:Confederate

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:27 am

MadMuz wrote:
Girodreamer wrote:

The trouble with E-fuels/Bio-fuels... is, there isn't enough land on earth to grow enough crops to provide the ingredients to make as much E-fuel as we use in oil at present... plus, the often coal burning electricity and diesel vehicles used in making the fuel all adds up and makes the process so much more expensive than just buying gas (same as making Hydrogen) :loser :badluck :laughing :bigballs :Wolvie

:Jim

:Confederate

you can make E-fuels using : CO2 coming from industry and Nuclear electricity , it works , but today it cost 2 euros per litre to produce

Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:27 am

Girodreamer wrote:
fantastic !
can you fly a gyro in autralia with your US licence ?
it would not be possible for me as I only have a French ultralight licence which is not accepted outside Europe
have fun ..
be careful in autogyros .. they are made from the same steel sink are made of hahahaha

You need an Australian certificate to fly in Oz.
Only CASA can issue a licence. There are about 7 or 8 sport aviation bodies in Australia, ASRA is one which governs gyroplanes. We get audited each year by CASA, and sign a deed of agreement each year on what we have to do to govern gyroplanes in Au. We can only issue a certificate.
CASA rule that you can only fly a gyroplane in Australia if you are a member of ASRA and have been deemed competent to fly and issued a certificate.
mille baisers
Rossco

Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm

GiroD,

I believe a slipping clutch is a must because of the rotor inertia. My MTO has it via the belt.

And I plan on using R/C parts off the shelf with some DIY stuff.

Stangely enough, it's the mechanical stuff, that annoys me.

I have a rotor head without a gear - that's all.

On the other hand, I have most of the electronics.

Sometimes I am looking for some moped parts - there must be something useful.

In the meantime I'll just fly my "Blue Harley", as my (former) instructor calls it.

It's been put away for the winter. Come spring I'll learn some advanced stuff, get my passenger permit and fly it home to Bornholm.

Best of luck to you,
Erik

Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:09 pm

Hello Erik,

a mechanical system is the easiest route but..

well an electric pre-rotator is fully possible, but either I am much more stupid that I tought I was, either it is a really difficult enterprise ..

it is certainly a bit of the 2

but look in my other topic, the test I have done on saturday showed that my 1.5 kilos brushless motor was able to rrotate my 8.7 m rotor up to 220 rpm with no problem except the timing belt that broke ..

I still have a long way to go .. but ok ..

keep up with your home built, a mono is a good thing also

cheers

G

Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:46 pm

I know its all about the inventing, but people used to use moped engines as prerogators...can you not look at the gear connection on those and just use an electric motor instead?

Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:07 pm

Hi Benry, Hi Erik,

Like you my friends, common sense initially lead me to think that a variable gear ratio transmission was necessary ... but it is not necessary when using an electric motor.

a variable gear ratio transmission is mandatory for combustion engines because they must spin in a given RPM range ( from idle to max rpm) .

for this reason one need to shift gears to maintain a wheel(rotor)/motor gear ratio so that the internal combustion engine motor remains in an optimal rpm range to give power and torque, plus of course the motor must not get bellow the idle rpm not to stall.

A sensored electric motor can be finely controlled to spin from 0 rpm to max RPM, it has no idle and it's torque is roughly constant from 0 to max torque.

With an un-sensored brush-less electric motor you have sort of idle (a rpm you can't get under to keep the controller able to track the rotor position), so with unsensored electric motor you need a clutch but not a variable gear ratio clutch like on mopeds

At last you have to know that at constant acceleration (for example 2 rpm per second per second) you don't need more torque to accelerate from zero to 50 rpm (for example) then to accelerate from 50 RPM to 100 rpm and so forth.

so it is a legend to think that it is more difficult to start a rotor then to accelerate it once the first rpm are reached, it is even the contrary

as a matter of fact inertia is proportional to acceleration (whatever to rpm you start from) , but drag varies as the square of speed .. so it requires more torque (an then more amps in the motor) to accelerate to rotor from 200 rpm to 250 rpm then to accelerate it from zero to 50 rpm.

generally speaking physics are not something that we can understand using common sens , I have made the same conceptual errors then Erik and you thinking that a variable gear ratio was necessary ... in fact if is not bros .. at all

you have no gear boxes in most of the electric cars, some have because electric motors tend to consume less at certain rpm then at other rpm, but electric cars don't need gear boxes to work at all.

cheers

jmi

Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:13 am

well that was simple and easy to understand . TY
but if the transmission gears would allow you to move forward easier then figuring out the electric controller...well then theres that.

Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:16 pm

I don't think shifting gears would ease anything but I could be wrong .. I am more then capable of making huge mistakes ...
we should ask the gyro Pope on the other place , VB knows everything he certainly coult tell us what to do

Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:58 am

Hi JM.

To be clear, I have not mentioned anything about variable gear...

But the cheap-ish motors and controllers I use are of the non-sensored type.

I don't want them to start from 0 RPM. They'll overheat quickly, I guess.

I would certainly like to find some gears, so I could start experimenting.

Cheers and good luck to you from

Erik

Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:42 am

Hi Erik,
sorry .. :? I though you were thinking about those moped variable gear ratio clutches sorry
I am sure you will find the right solution to achieve a good electric pre-rotation

Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3