It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 John Nagle died 
Site Admin

For the ones who knew him, he crashed the Huey yesterday in West Virginia.
All 6 died on board.
Tragic loss...... he was a good guy!

https://www.wowktv.com/news/local/helic ... an-county/

Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:24 pm
Site Admin

That is terrible news Nabs.... :cry

Condolences to his friends and family left behind,,, :badluck :head :wol2 :Wolvie

:Jim

:Confederate

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:54 am

Hello Gab,
sorry for your friend .. we also had a similar tragic event one month ago .. four people for a first flight on a fw plane, motor stopped pilot tried to land in a clearing, plane caught fire also
condolences
G

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:21 am
Site Admin

It's always sad when we lose a pilot brother.
Went down with a historic 60-year-old Huey.
Sad day

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:30 pm

Watching some old videos of this helicopter giving "rides" with low time pilots enjoying the flight.
All too low over areas that a forced landing was imposable and the routes typical from the pilots direction...
Steep Valleys tall trees single low roads with power lines along the sides,
Altitude too low most the flight at 90 kts, Sad to get behind the curve with a newbie on the stick and no where to go.

Probably did it a thousand times... RIP

Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:30 am

I agree with you Hillberg but when the area does not make it possible to perform safe forced landings , there is an on/off decision to make ... flying or not flying , and when the choice to fly is made ... people are in the hands of god ...

neither the company nor the pilot are really blamable for flying over a forest (if he did not commit other errors)

most of the time I only fly over rural areas and in the mountains (where there are fields at the bottom of the valleys) .. but I don't live the same aviation then my mates who rely on low engine failure statistics ... and fly over anything saying "my Rotax does not know It is over a forest..."

the float mono engine aircraft I took many rides on 15 years ago in Québec crashed with 5 tourists on board in the forest and all died .. (along with the pilot).

on the other hand what I don't "accept" is the fact of getting into dangerous situations that could be easily avoided ..

one month ago 4 people took a ride from Grenoble airport in France, the pilot entered a steep valley in hot conditions just to overfly the house of one of the passengers, it was too hot to escape the valley, the aircraft could not gain altitude any-more, the pilot could not make a U turn without stalling .. he turned of the magnetos and tried a clearing ...

all burnt ..

this accident in Grenoble is not acceptable ... the pilot took high risks for nothing ... he could have given a safe ride to his passengers ... stupid

Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:53 am
Site Admin

Hillberg wrote:
Watching some old videos of this helicopter giving "rides" with low time pilots enjoying the flight.
All too low over areas that a forced landing was imposable and the routes typical from the pilots direction...
Steep Valleys tall trees single low roads with power lines along the sides,
Altitude too low most the flight at 90 kts, Sad to get behind the curve with a newbie on the stick and no where to go.

Probably did it a thousand times... RIP

Exactly.
Apparently, pilots were taking turns flying it.......
:cry
https://www.wsaz.com/2022/06/27/pilot-k ... ?fs=e&s=cl

Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:13 am
Site Admin

https://www.mountsfuneralhome.com/obituary/John-NagleII

Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD-FgIsuhiE

Oh shit...

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:16 am

Holly shiit ... I don't understand that kind of videos.. gosh authorities officials are numerous enough to investigate ..

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]