It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Can an Anvil Fly ?? 

Can an Anvil Fly ??

You betcha !!!!

All you have to do is take a little gunpowder .... sip some Wolverine piss .... and light the fuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHuQy0mqW5I&t=67s

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:48 pm

I am totally reassured ... there are crazier people then me ... oufff
black powder is not stable .. imagine it lights when the guy puts the Anvil on the other Anvil ...

Last edited by Girodreamer on Sun May 02, 2021 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:59 am

Girodreamer....Exactly! I had a blackpowder musket fire without a percussion cap. A static spark from my hooded sweatshirt set my gun off. Luckily the projectile didnt hit anything.!

There are strict procedures loading and firing black powder cannon.

That gave me the gee bee's watching him set that anvil on top of the other anvil with the powder.

Just because he has gotten away with it, doesnt mean its safe....just that he has gotten away with it.

Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:04 pm
Site Admin

Can a boat fly? :noidea

Or a car?? :eek :rofl :wol2 :Wolvie

:Jim

:Confederate

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sat May 01, 2021 1:05 pm

Hellified wrote:
Girodreamer....Exactly! I had a blackpowder musket fire without a percussion cap. A static spark from my hooded sweatshirt set my gun off. Luckily the projectile didnt hit anything.!

Gosh...

Sun May 02, 2021 2:57 am

On the subject of blowing things up ..... the Danish Army was conducting live-fire exercises in their Leopard tanks .... ran into a sand dune which plugged the barrel ... they did not clean it out and this is what happened ....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 09, 2021 10:04 am

That civil was cannon I shoot every Memorial Day uses one pound of black powder and a pound of flour. If i were to put a wad of wet grass down the barrel....it would cause hydraulic lock up and the 900 pound barrel would blow like a grenade.

Sun May 09, 2021 2:17 pm

Must be what happened to this guy in February ......

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-man ... aby-shower

A Michigan man was killed Saturday night after he was struck by shrapnel from an exploding cannon at a baby shower in the state, police said, according to reports.

A Genesee County homeowner fired the small cannon-type device in the backyard around 7:30 p.m., to celebrate the baby’s pending arrival, Michigan State Police said in a news release.

The cannon blew up upon firing, spreading metal shrapnel that hit the victim, Evan Thomas Silva, 26, three parked cars, and the garage where the baby shower was held, police said, according to MLive.com.

Sun May 09, 2021 5:33 pm

I'm not suggesting you try plugging your barrel of a black powder cannon, but if the grass plug weighs less then the projectile the cannon was designed to fire the reason the barrel might burst (much like a shotgun barrel with snow in the end) is the gap between the powder load and the object in the bore (either grass or a cannon ball) Not hydraulic pressure.
Air is compressible, if the bore obstruction is some ways away from the expanding powder gas which can accelerate freely due to not being confined then runs into an obstruction that is not moving (the movement of which will take time as an object in rest tends to stay in rest) the super heated gas continues to build until the pressure spike exceeds the structural steel parameters and kablewie (a technical term).
This would happen whether it was grass, a canon ball or Werthurs Original Candies, this is why its imperative to use the ram rod and seat your ball all the way down to the powder.

There was a guy who studied the pressure spikes in cannons and designed a cannon based on his findings, this is why the Dhalgren cannon has its odd soda bottle shape.

Mon May 10, 2021 7:13 am

Around 1990 our local Army surplus dealer had lugged home a bunch of Leopard Tank barrels from the army base .... hottest day of the year and he was sweating with a crane trying to unload them .... I stopped to give him a hand by guiding the heavy barrels into a pile.

He questioned why he even bought them because scrap steel was only bringing about $300 a ton. I noticed spots where the paint had flaked off and metal did not rust and further examination found it stamped NITINOL which is a nickle-titanium alloy also known as "memory metal" ... at that time scrap Nitinol prices were 8 times higher ..... I estimated he would get about $160,000 for his pile of scrap and one days work.

NITINOL is perfect for tank barrels .... if they heat and distort they return back to the original dimensions .

Mon May 10, 2021 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]