It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 RIP - Rush Limbaugh 

RIP .... Rush Limbaugh has passed away at 70

He was the single most successful Conservative talk show host with 20 million listeners a day

I started listening to him in early 1990's and his TV show was on here too.

Many spokesmen have said he will be irreplaceable .... but also a few murmurers that maybe Trump will take over ... hmmmm

Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:35 pm

Dad and I used to go to Sikeston, Missouri to a large farm machinery auction. Rush was a local radio celebrity in some
town near Sikeston.....I could go google it, but anyway...this was before he became syndicated and made it bigtime.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:43 pm

Trump has been mostly silent since he left the White House .... but some mention he wants to get into the news business in some way.

Not to forget he has been cut off from social media and has no platform to speak from.

And it is very difficult to start something from scratch.

However if he took over as host for Rush he would already have a dedicated audience and 4 hours a day to speak.

And nobody could stop him !!!!!

Makes me want to say .... "there is a god"

His ratings could very well be tops in the country .

F-you- CNN
F-you- Facebook
F-you- Twitter
F-you- MSNBC
F-you- YouTube
F-you- Instagram
F-you- Washington Post

Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:59 pm

Hellified wrote:
Dad and I used to go to Sikeston, Missouri to a large farm machinery auction. Rush was a local radio celebrity in some
town near Sikeston.....I could go google it, but anyway...this was before he became syndicated and made it bigtime.

I have read his books and he was raised in Cape Girardeau Missouri so that would make sense.

(I looked it up) and Sikeston is only about 35 miles from Cape G.

Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:04 pm

'

For anyone who did not listen to Rush , here is an example of his brilliant wit (he always considered himself an entertainer and like to work humor into everything)

Back in the 1990's the woman's movement and feminists were swinging big sticks and demanding "equal rights" .... including being allowed in the military.

So Rush would spend about 4 days on the radio giving reasons why he thought women should not be in the army .... then he would let women's rights activists call into his show and berate him , cuss him , call him every name under the sun.

Then he would concede to their demands ... telling them he had given it a lot of thought and they were correct.

Everyone thought he had "gone soft"

Then he said it was a medical fact that if you house a bunch of women together their monthly cycles would harmonize.

He proposed having many battalions of women soldiers housed in barrack blocks so that at any one time there would be a group with full blown PMS and send them after the enemy like raging lunatics and the enemy (men soldiers) would drop their rifles and run for the hills

haaaa

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:06 pm

I hope he won't be forgotten, it would be great if trump took over , but on the other hand if trump wants to run for the next election he should not .. he is a president now ...

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:39 pm

According to Rush staff ... they say the show will continue using guest hosts ..... plus play archived Rush shows from years gone by.

That would be great because he has some priceless shows since he started 30 some years ago.

Many of his shows could be pretty boring when politics was quiet .... but his good ones are the best of the best.

My favorite was when he had an audience of leftists and activists demanding minority rights , gay rights , and woman's rights for abortion.

Rush suggested there was an obvious solution they could use .... abort all the gays and minorities ... the audience was furious and yelled NO ... then they were triple furious when they realized they were all of a sudden against abortion.

Such was the brilliant wit and intelligent humor of Limbaugh .

Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:27 am

I told a pro abortion person....."Arent you fortunate being able to state your pro abortion views....instead of having forceps silence them before your cries could be heard?

That made him pause, then he saw the paradox box I put him in, and he got mad.

Its a waste of time trying to change anyones views on such topics. No minds get changed just both sides get dug in deeper.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:01 am

[quote=

Its a waste of time trying to change anyones views on such topics. No minds get changed just both sides get dug in deeper.[/quote]

Just like Herman Cain (RIP) used to say, "you can only save the savable."

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:33 am

Hellified wrote:
I told a pro abortion person....."Arent you fortunate being able to state your pro abortion views....instead of having forceps silence them before your cries could be heard?

That made him pause, then he saw the paradox box I put him in, and he got mad.

Its a waste of time trying to change anyones views on such topics. No minds get changed just both sides get dug in deeper.

Perfect !!! ... I love it .... and paradox is exactly the right word ... for the simple reason that you use their own argument against themselves .

They cannot escape cold hard factual reality .... it messes with their heads something terrible.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:03 am

Arnie....I didnt change his mind, except to make him madder. However, I had his synapses in his mind scrambling for about 2 seconds...We all have an ego ....and his was challenged...but they always say when someone starts cussing their argument, they already lost it....

Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:57 pm

Back in the 1990's I subscribed to the (private) Rush news letter.

People had kept asking why it was that the very liberal radio stations would allow a very conservative person like Rush to do his show.

I forget his exact words but something like this ....

The Liberals pretend to have principles but will abandon them in an instant if they can make money .

And it drives them nuts because although they hate me , they also love me because I make them millions a year .

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]