It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Them fuckers will die of hunger 
Site Admin

elwood wrote:
Hey Gab, Have you ever taken the backstraps and cut then into cubes, wrap in bacon, marinade in Coca cola and teriaki sauce, then grill.....Like Meat candy!! Had some elk burritos in Alaska..YUM!

No, but that sounds like something I would really like!

Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:21 am

MadMuz wrote:
Now, to stop the snakes, all they have to do is break out the Vaseline... and grease the pole :like

Nothing like a bit of vaso on the pole, I always say

The bird people of Guam must be reading your post MUZ ...... because that is exactly what they are trying next .... grease the poles so the snakes cannot slither up.

They should pay you royalties or something .

:Can

Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 pm

Speaking of pork .... here is the very best bacon in the world.

Pick up some fresh pork belly ... sliced about 1/4 inch thick

Very light sprinkle of salt on each side ... key is to get just the right amount of salt ... not too much , not too little .

I use a large cast Iron frying pan and medium heat on the stovetop .... or in the oven under the broil element .

Takes between 10-15 minutes to crisp up one side , then flip bacon and another 10-15 minutes to crisp the other side

When done I tilt the frying pan to one side ... move the bacon to the high side and all the grease drains to the low side .... makes it dry and crisp and delicious ... and when you think of it , the bacon is practically "fat free" because 98% of the grease stays in the pan.

At least that is what I tell my doctor when he lectures me about healthy eating .... haaaa

Takes a bit of time and patience ... have to keep an eye on it so not to undercook or burn .

Worth it because it is 100 times better than store-bought cured and smoked bacon.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:52 pm
Site Admin

Speaking of smoked.....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:26 pm

Nice smoker Gabs ..... it has become popular up here as well.

My neighbor uses his BBQ as a smoker .... he places the briquettes in a circle (rectangle) and then covers them with the wood chips ..... he only lights it in one place and it takes hours and hours for it to burn all the way around and the meat is delicious

I have become addicted to beef jerky and next summer I am going to try make my own.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:23 am

Gabor .... meant to ask .... is your smoker electric ?? I have heard they work very well .

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:26 am

They sure do!

Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:02 am
Site Admin

Arnie M. wrote:

Gabor .... meant to ask .... is your smoker electric ?? I have heard they work very well .

Yes Sir! It is electric.
Arnie, I am not much of a BBQ guy so this will be my learning smoker.
You can set a few things on it so I guess you don't have to babysit the thing that much.
They automate everything nowadays.
I have to order wood pellets for it.
It has a hopper that you fill with them and it automatically keeps feeding it according to the temp you set.
Hungarians use cold smoking technique to avoid the casing absorbing too much of the smoke flavor and allow the meat to stay longer and fully cured.
We put Ice in the smoker to achieve this.
I will let you know how it goes.
Also I am a junky for smoked cheese but it's so freaking expensive and not well done.
Gonna experiment with it.
:beefcake

Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:49 am
Site Admin

Arnie M. wrote:

Elwood's smoker is powered by....

2 stroke! :laughing :rofl

Hey! will this smoke work? It is from Lucus (lord of darkness) :eek :laughing :wol2 :Wolvie

:kissmyass

:Jim

:Confederate

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:27 am

Why do Brits drink warm beer?
:laughing
because Lucas makes refrigerators!

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2