It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 You know we lost Farmer Jim 
Site Admin

Don't no one forget the big fickers anniversary on the 15th... :Jim

Nearly a year.... hard to believe :badluck

He lives on in my memory.... :first

The big galoot.... He was a great guy....

He was my mate.... :maga :yoda2 :Wolvie

:wol

:Confederate

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:16 am

Yes I miss Him too, I liked poking fun at him, he was such a good sport.
Also Mary's Dad died a year ago on Jul 3rd.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:23 am
Site Admin

I used to enjoy pokin fun at him too... and typing naughty-ish things and waiting for that "Oh my!" to appear :laughing

Not often one meets a genuine 'good bloke' .....

But, FJ was definitely one of them :like :bigballs :Wolvie

:Jim

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Jim left a big hole in the sky when he left.

He is one of those people we will never forget.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Here is a pic of the beautiful memorial stone that many contributed to procuring ..... to find a permanent place place at PRA airport Mentone ...when the details can be worked out! ( Some of the other camp-group customers objected to it being placed at our campsite - as originally planned ... so we will find a fitting location for all to appreciate!)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:13 pm
Site Admin

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:57 pm
Site Admin

Don't forget the 3rd anniversary of the loss of our great mate, the Head Ficker .... on the 15th

Remember him for thanks giving day too...

Drink a toast to big Jim today :like :beefcake :Jim

I still miss him.....

:fickyou

:Flag :Confederate :Flag

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:52 am
Site Admin

Damn.... too many good people we have lost.
Miss him too.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:07 pm

I never will forget first talking to Jim at Mentone. He had his giant gyro there and was asking Vance and myself our thoughts about it.

He was such a likeable guy, and he had such an honest aura about him that demanded respect....a very humble guy, but you would never want him mad at you.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:13 pm
Site Admin

You knew how to keep him calm tho Stan... just keep feeding him hot dogs a la kerosene.....

Cooked to perfection with the helicycle :laughing :yoda2 :Wolvie

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:20 pm

I still miss Jim . Talked to him a few times by phone and would tease him about feeding the elephants. He had contracts to supply feed to the zoo and I would ask him if all the elephants met him at the front gate when he pulled his semi up to unload the hay.

Not to mention he was the only aviator in the world who would mow his grass runway and feed it to the elephants.

Shortly after Jim left us I searched for a picture with an elephant and the first one that popped up was the "sad elephant" sitting on a bench looking at the sky .... it is like it was made just for Jim.

Thinking of you Chris ..... I admire everything you have done and are doing. Bless you.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:50 pm

Just yesterday evening ...when the low cloud ceilings finally lifted I went for a fly ... in the latest new TAG ...I'm flying the 40 hours off ...I had just got brave enough & confident in this new machine to get away from the security of the airport pattern & flown to the farm - the day previous! ...buzzed the runway & circled the guys making hay... who have continued the hay operations & deliveries to the zoos in the 3 years since Jim left us!

yesterday eve ..I went for an extended flight ... mostly just wandering around the local area ... to put hours on the Hobbs! I found myself flying the path of Jim's last flight & looking down to the impact spot! ( field is again in soybeans!) ...then on out to his good friend Dick Black's place ...where he was flying out to that day!....... I went on south to fly over Jason's .in-Laws place near Benton airport ( which also has scary memories - for me...in my Butterfly flying/ student pilot days!) ....circled the family July 4 party-time & saw preparations for fireworks ...they were all waving ...I was pretty high ...to stay out of any fireworks range!

It was lovely evening sunset-cruise flight & I REALLY felt SO happy to be back flying with joy & confidence( after the horrible accidents & possible rotor issue in the Feb accident. - that REALY messes with ones head & happy!) ..at times a little sad that Jim & I never got to fly 2 TAG's side by side!

...YES ...remembering ... but with joy at the 30 YEARS we HAD & many great memories made wth our gyro community of recent years!

:Jim :Flag :OZ :gyro2

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:21 pm
Site Admin

Miss ya Big Guy!
I can see that big smirk on yo face!!!

:beefcake

Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:34 pm
Site Admin

Don't forget the anniversary for the Mayor of Fickerville is coming up next month ... :fickyou

I still remember the big galoot! Still miss him.... as we all do :dizzy :wol2 :Wolvie

Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:34 am

This year the FIVE year anniversary of Dear Jim gaining his heavenly wings ...falls during the PRA convention!
I think we will find a site for that beautiful memorial stone and have a good remembrance gathering!
we will also be remembering the 2020 losses of Gary and Sue Goldsberry.

This last week-end I had a lovely visit from couple of RV nomads whose YouTube Chanel I have been following for several years!
Sunday morning I got to fly them in the "for sale/spare" 912TAG gyro (from Newton airport as they were both solid people & my 914 gyro has issues with the turbo & awaiting an edge performance upgrade kit) ... the uncut hay grass is tall all around my 1100' grass runway & in summer I feel not enough safety margin with passengers to fly from home!
Here is their video this week - of their gyro -tour of Whitewater KS area!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIkOvTMZiXU

In the video Kat interviews me in my beautiful "C-shed" ...where I keep all my flying/stuff,trailer,workshop ...etc
Comments....on my personal Red TAG "FesteyII" there are the special stickers of Jim that Gabor's artistic talent designed & accompany me on every flight!

I LOVE the way so many here keep alive his memory! :first :gyro2

Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:06 pm

Jim holds very special private conversations he and I had.

I was drawn to him the first second I talked with him at Mentone. He had such a respectful aura about him that you either saw and felt or you did not.

God bless you Chris for doing the flying he missed out on......I am sure he is aware and happy beyond what we can even start to understand.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:18 am
Site Admin

Dropbear wrote:
Comments....on my personal Red TAG "FesteyII" there are the special stickers of Jim that Gabor's artistic talent designed & accompany me on every flight!

I LOVE the way so many here keep alive his memory! :first :gyro2

I too have that sticker and I promise I will have eventually a flying contraption to stick it on.
Right now I am waaaaaay too busy with everything else.
Just came inside from laying bricks.
The Queen wanted a new shed. The old one rusted out and I had decided to build a cinderblock one.
10x12 ought to do it.
I have a decision to make about my near future.
The printshop is closing where I worked for 30 years.
I have re-started trading again. I used to trade currencies back in the day,
Working up my trading capital and might retire if things go the way I have been doing it.
You just have to reinvent yourself every 15-20 years I guess.
Anyways, my days and nights are pretty much consumed by chart analysis and DD.
Love ya'll !
FUCKUM!!! WOLVERINES!!!!!
:OZ
:gyro2
:dropbear
:beefcake

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:18 pm

Chris .... that was a excellent interview you did with your Motorhome friends .... you explained everything perfectly .... I just realized this is the first time I have heard your voice .... love your accent ....

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:47 am
Site Admin

Don't forget the anniversary again on the 16th....

Another year we have all missed our best mate ... FJ

Gone, but not forgotten... :badluck :realcrazy

:Flag :Confederate :Flag

Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:37 am

While at the rather quiet 60th PRA convention at Mentone ...I had a few quiet moments at the lovely memorial stone for FJ ... we placed a year ago beside the door to the airport tower!

Also remembering others we lost this past year ...Glenn Bundy ... a larger-than life character who did SO much in the Mentone museum and was a big part of the local gyro club!

And John Nagle in the most horrible loss of 6 in the WV Marpat Huey accident! ( John & his Korean wife came up from TX to Jim's celebration of life memorial service ...and wrote a heartfelt memorial that I read out for him!).

Some suggested a dedicated wall on the end of the Mentone hangars/tower ..where we can hang memorial plaques for those we have lost in our rotorcraft world!

I REALLy want to put up something to remember Gary & Sue ... ( the family nixed .. naming the airport GoldsberryField! ...but in our hearts it WILL always be that!) - but were OK with a memorial plaque!

:Jim :Flag :OZ

Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2