It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Polar Bears live and on camera 

Gabor wrote:
That was some great footage right there. Damn nets. That whale was completely aware of being rescued. Great story! :wol
As for having my babies.....nah. Can't spread the genetics any more than I already have :boink

THERE IS A GOD !!!! (can't spread G's DNA any further)

fj

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:31 am
Site Admin

farmer jim wrote:

THERE IS A GOD !!!! (can't spread G's DNA any further)

fj

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :badluck

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:32 am

That picture was taken in Fallon Nevada in the late 1980s.
That was one of two of the most fantastic shots I have ever made.
I shot that coyote at about 300 yards it was sitting down and facing directly towards me he made for a very small target.
I used the Winchester model 70 that you see leaned up against the back tire.
I was using 30-06 Excelerator rounds In that rifle, Which consisted of a 55 grain 22 caliber projectile in a 30 caliber sabot .
I think it had a muzzle velocity of 4800 fps or something like that ?????
There was a 22 whole going in on the left side of his breast and a 22 whole going out just passed his last rib on the left side.
When I shot him I knew I was not going to hit him but I was going to give it a try.
As soon I fired he disappeared, I figured the supersonic crack of that 22 caliber bullet zipping by his head scared the crap out of him and he just took off.
But my little voice in my head told me to walk out there and see if he was there.
So I ventured out and when I got to where I thought he was sitting there he was lying deader then shit .
I think the bullet traveling through him and it's temporary cavity ruptured every organ in that little things body.
I would have thought that the bullet would have disintegrated but there was a 22 whole going in and I 22 going out.
I call it one of the most fantastic shots I ever made but it had nothing to do with skill it was all luck that that bullet found its mark.
I was also trapping at the time and I can tell you yes you do catch a lot of skunks.
I can also tell you that after a while you don't smell the skunk dip on you but everybody else you come into contact with will.
I can also tell you that no matter what you put the dead skunk in, the smell will perminate every single solitary thing in your wife's brand-new refrigerator freezer.
I can also tell you that your wife will not be happy about that.
I can also tell you that if you miss throwing away the Hersheys kisses that are in the back of the freezer that six months later when you find that bag and you take one of those Hersey kisses and you pop it in your mouth you are going to taste a skunks assholes.
And that gentleman should be avoided at all cost.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:02 pm

I wonder if the "environmentalists" taste like chicken? the coyotes have harmed the deer population pretty bad! It wasn't long ago I never heard or saw a coyote in my life. they are everywhere now, you should hear a pack bark when it makes a kill. do you guys marinate the evironmentalists before you sprinkle em with salt and peppper? :)

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Every Helicopter pilot should own at least 6 dogs

...... who love to fly

Training with K-9 unit

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:38 pm

Who needs ground handling wheels, Pricey dog sled. :bunny

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:07 am

redbaron wrote:
I wonder if the "environmentalists" taste like chicken? the coyotes have harmed the deer population pretty bad! It wasn't long ago I never heard or saw a coyote in my life. they are everywhere now, you should hear a pack bark when it makes a kill. do you guys marinate the evironmentalists before you sprinkle em with salt and peppper? :)

Sometimes we put on a little Franks Red Hot sauce

But if it is a bleeding heart environmentalist who is also a Lawyer the bears will eat them straight out of the package.

Then of course they call a helicopter pilot to clean up the mess afterwards.

(Article) ... A man who was part of a hiking group touring a remote national park in northern Labrador is recovering in a Montreal hospital after a polar bear attacked him.

Matt Dyer, a prominent legal aid lawyer from Maine, was with seven other people as part of a Sierra Club hiking trip to Torngat Mountains National Park when he was attacked by the bear.

Dyer was loaded into the helicopter and, along with Isenberg, was flown to a hospital in Quebec and later transferred to the intensive care unit at Montreal General Hospital.

"There is no sound more welcome than that chopper coming over the hill after all those hours of feeling both afraid that the bear was going to come back or bring his friends,
Dyer is still recovering in Montreal

More here : http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundl ... -1.1413645

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:25 am

The most dangerous place to be is between a Mother Bear and Her cubs

So we figured we would do something a little different

Like put the bear and cubs between a helicopter and the pilot

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:42 am

I love the taste of LEXAN first thing in the morning

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:11 am

Enough of the serious stuff ...

here is a cute musical selection from the animal kingdom

Courtesy of the guy called California Bug Hounds

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=40 ... =2&theater

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:16 am

FUCKUM !!!!!

WOLVERINES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2