It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 In memory of Chris (DirtyDog) Bowen 
Site Admin

Chris Bowen AKA Dirty Dog
He was a good friend and an awesome father. I miss him. We still don't know for sure what happened but he had crashed and died of a tragic accident at Wrens fly in June 8th 2012. He said once that there is such thing as true friendship. He had learned that from an awful dirty dog at the service station's back yard. True and unconditional ..... At least he had experienced it! Rest in peace my friend.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:57 pm

R.I.P.

fj

Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:04 pm

He looks a lot like one of my uncles. RIP

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Nice ..... Thanks Gab!

Doug Goodman ..... all I have is a picture of " Dogman" as part of our class of EAB gyro repairmen taking Bob Stark's course in Novenber last year! ....it's on our home 'puter ... so will have to wait to post next week!
What little we got to know him over that week-end we REALLY enjoyed ... he was a fellow Kansan ... who left for Arizona & stayed ... sure sorry he had so little time left to enjoy his sportcopter gyro!

i'm sure Benry will have lots of good memories & pics to share!

Flying free to eternity!

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:27 pm
Site Admin

Thank you Chris. :) Feel free to add to this page if any of you have a friend who's gone. :gyro2

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:40 pm
Site Admin

I just wanted to share this.

Quote:
Hi Gabor,
Saw on your post that you had hoped Chris was gone before the ship caught fire. Just so you know....I was right behind him...talked to him 2 seconds before he started his turn. I saw nothing unusual and nothing came off of his machine.....it did not bunt over or have any erratic pitch changes....he just went right in....I could not believe what I saw. It still seems like a dream but I can't get it out of my mind. It just keeps replaying over and over. It impacted very hard and immediately burst into flames. I still question if there was anything else I could have done.....I know that Chris and I will finish that flight someday together. ...........

Miss him and I pray everyday for him and his family.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:35 pm

I don't have a picture, but I will always remember my friend Jim Lafayette. Rest in peace Jim.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:04 am

Spektre wrote:
I don't have a picture, but I will always remember my friend Jim Lafayette. Rest in peace Jim.

Was there a picture if Jim L. @ one of your meetings???? Why do I think there was a pic of him in one of the ... Western rotorcraft articles ... maybe about a year ago?????

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:28 pm

unfortunately I was being strict with my help when it came to Doug, I told him NO CAMERAS until he was competent. Didn't want his mind on anything but flying. I wish I had gotten a few.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]