It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Mini 500 For Sale 

1998 mini 500B with all upgrades,i.e. mast support stableazation modificatio, pep package, rejetted carbs, low rotor alarm. bought with 36 tot hrs have only put 3 hrs trying to hover. needs a condition insp. to get a c of a. cant get an ap to do because they were not familar and local gov wont let me use at my home, which is a deal killer. have balanced and tracked, but am no better at hovering. only able to get up inches while going foward and turns. since i cant use at home wont risk a accident.
full instruments,rotax582 stock hp is 67. with modification is rated at 90.
great looking ship. dont no what mechancial cond its in. this will fly, just not by me. can call barry 843-566-3104 or (barbob5742@gmail.com
Posting this for him..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Sweet. Not a bad deal at all. Decent condition too. I wish I knew how to fly one of these....I'd buy it :)
It is a great candidate for upgrades John!!!! You could make this a decent heli :wol2

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:12 pm

Nice one for a Yamaha conversion!! Gabor, it came up on the other forum last night, and I'm just getting some time to move it here as well. Maybe you should learn to fly a helicopter HA!!! LOL!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:25 pm
Profile WWW

I think he asking to much for it. If you look close it has a lot of rust and even the aluminum has corrosion setting in. Its all fixable and it's a high serial number 432. Here's the original owner

0432 DOUGLAS WIEGAND of MO. Not sure where it went after Douglas

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:42 pm
Profile WWW

Is it possible to retrofit a larger engine onto that airframe... or does that open a can of worms... which becomes a never-ending problem after problem to resolve?

Cool looking 'mini-copter'... however my 200+ lbs... might not be a good deal for me.

Member PeachState Rotorcraft club
Member Sunstate Rotor & Wing Club
Owner/builder of
The Subinator: Single place Dominator/Subaru EA-81
(currently in full restoration)
Soon to offer machine shop services

Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]