It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 HS for Air Commander wanted 

Where can I get a HS for my old AirCommand 532 ????
There was a kit available, but now what? Any sugestions ?
Attached pic of my Bird that I need it for

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:43 pm
Site Admin

That's a nice machine!!!!
I wonder how hard it would be just to fabricate one?

Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:47 pm
Site Admin

Maybe ask Jake to make you one? The air command tails with that pivot block scare me :eek :realcrazy

Does that machine have holes drilled in the mast around the top of the seat somewhere? Dip shit predrilled the mast so in a ground strike the mast would snap off, instead of the machine rolling over.... he forgot about the snapped mast stabbing the pilot in the back of the neck :badluck :killme

ASRA demanded all masts with holes drilled (on purpose) :eek be replaced and dick head said they must stay because HE designed them to be there :badluck :killme but ASRA grounded them til fixed.... ASRA had found many cracking between the holes just in normal use, no ground strike even, and some snapped off on landings (heavy, but not terrible) :realcrazy :badluck :wol2 :Wolvie

This was our AD..... the plastic rudder pivot needs to be replaced with alloy too.... grab the tail and pull it back and forward then side to side and see that the plastic block is not cracked and just sitting there :eek

Once the stupid design failures are replaced, that can be an excellent machine,:koolaid :lick ....just be careful before the repairs.... they are Denise's death traps :punch :fuckum :Wolvie

This AD doesn't mention the holes..... 2"x 2" mast is best IMO, 2"x2"x1" is now banned in Australia, because it is not as strong as a 2" x 2" as long as there is no holes in it....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:20 am
Site Admin

This air command mast snapped at the holes, but the broken mast stabbed the pilot :badluck :killme :realcrazy :wol2 :Wolvie

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:28 am
muz this pic... is the result of another Genius idea of the Superior gifted denise fisters engineering :badluck

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:34 pm
Site Admin

Exactly Martin, the same genius that designed the 500 and killed even more people.... the same genius who was fleecing money off people to build a 4 seat version of the killer helicopter.... but ran away when he realised he couldn't get away with it.... :ultragay :wol2 :Wolvie

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Thanks for the warnings. All the updates have been done to my machine including 2 piece mast and so on.
I just think it could fly nicer with the HS.
Made a huge difference on my Raf2000

I could build a small one myself. Does not take much, but was hoping to find an original aftermarket kit

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:52 pm
MadMuz wrote:

This AD doesn't mention the holes..... 2"x 2" mast is best IMO, 2"x2"x1" is now banned in Australia, because it is not as strong as a 2" x 2" as long as there is no holes in it....
this is interesting since most gyros in the U.S. seemed to use the double 2" x1" mast.
what thickness 2" x 2" mast do they use over there?

Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:06 am

Fetters wasn't the only one, or even the first, to used a drilled mast.

My Bensen mast is drilled for the lower engine mount and also for the seat mount, as per plans.
Ken Brock used a drilled mast for his engine mount, diagonal brace, and seat mount.

See the attached picture from the KB2 plans:

Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:43 am

I am not puting any holes in the mast, that is why I am using the 1x2 behind the mast it will support the engine mount and keel with the mast removed, but clamps around the mast requireing no holes to be drilled in the mast except at the bottom, and at the to where to head mounts.

I spent all my money on Bikes, Broads, and Booze, the rest I wasted.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:39 am
Site Admin

I'm with Scott.... only holes at the top cheek plates, and the bottom cheek plates, otherwise clamped and unable to move from other means... the beauty of what Scott is doing, is he can change the mast in about 15 minutes, only disconnecting minimal stuff.... great idea :koolaid :like :wol2 :Wolvie

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]