It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 MH-1 for sale. 

Yes it's up for grabs!! 128.4 total hours, fresh annual ready to go. Fly's great, times may change because I still fly it when I can. $48,000.00 firm. Serious inquires only.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

That sure is a great machine!!! Good luck with the sale my brother.
:Wolvie

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:36 am
Site Admin

It is awesome mate, I bet it will find a new home soon :like :pop

Best of luck mate :yoda2 :wol2 :Wolvie

If electricity comes from ELECTRONS, then surely morality comes from MORONS??

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:49 am

Beautiful sounding and flying helicopter. I had the pleasure of hovering it at Mentone....what I call a true hover! ha

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:49 am
Site Admin

Hellified wrote:
Beautiful sounding and flying helicopter. I had the pleasure of hovering it at Mentone....what I call a true hover! ha

There might have been 3 knots of wind Stan, so it wasn't actually hovering? It might have just appeared to be hovering? :noidea but you were actually flying in a 3 knot wind.... never mind :laughing :laughing :chainsaw

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:53 am
Nice, bet it won't last long. looking forward to the 2 place build.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm

DO WHAT ? :calmdown

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:50 pm

Hellified wrote:

Ha!! You mean like this. That sure was fun on my end....

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:22 am
Profile WWW

77jbob wrote:
DO WHAT ? :calmdown

This machine is more fun than you can possibly imagine!! But I need a pile of money, That I don't have for the next project the MH-2.. If I sale it, it will be for a good cause. if I don't, I'll continue to enjoy it more than any of you can possibly imagine. Weather is clearing here for a change, may be time to test the new gimbal in the next few days, Maybe Saturday!! My helicopter pad is like stepping on SpongeBob right now.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

That's an awesome chopper.... Stan, you were getting the hang of it more each second :like well done :koolaid :yoda2 :Wolvie

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:54 am
Site Admin

ARFLYBOY wrote:
Hellified wrote:

Ha!! You mean like this. That sure was fun on my end....

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
John my brother I had a good laugh on your comments.
And yes the throttle is essential to learn.
Just in case you fly something that has one!
:Wolvie :Wolvie :Wolvie

Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:35 am

John- I just now was able to see the video you posted of me flying your MH-1 at Mentone. My cellphone wont show videos here....but by the comments posted....I thought I better get on the computer and verify what I suspected..

What a cheap shot you through at me...and several thanked you for it. I have never told anyone that it was bogging down...because you said you were going to gear it different....which you did later. That would have been a cheap shot at you....but now its like I wasn't adding throttle.....I had it pegged ....and it kept bogging down. It just plain and simple would not haul my ass.....but I didn't think a thing about it as you weren't satisfied with it and were going to gear it down to get the engine in its power band better.

You told me it has a lot more power now.....and I am sure would get me out of ground effect now.......but not that hot day with the lower revving engine.
Lets tell the whole story!

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Hellified wrote:
John- I just now was able to see the video you posted of me flying your MH-1 at Mentone. My cellphone wont show videos here....but by the comments posted....I thought I better get on the computer and verify what I suspected..

What a cheap shot you through at me...and several thanked you for it. I have never told anyone that it was bogging down...because you said you were going to gear it different....which you did later. That would have been a cheap shot at you....but now its like I wasn't adding throttle.....I had it pegged ....and it kept bogging down. It just plain and simple would not haul my ass.....but I didn't think a thing about it as you weren't satisfied with it and were going to gear it down to get the engine in its power band better.

You told me it has a lot more power now.....and I am sure would get me out of ground effect now.......but not that hot day with the lower revving engine.

We found a crack in your foundation Helli and I guarantee a million squirrels are going to run in and tell you it is payback time

I liked that video of you trying to hover Johns machine .... but mostly I liked how much he enjoyed it ... and so did I ... we smile with understanding .... because you are one of those limp noodles who only flies governed R22's and governed Helicycles. One of these days you will be a real helicopter pilot.

Real helicopter pilots will lower collective and twist throttle when the engine groans trying to lift a guy who has eaten 41 squirrels .... and believe it or not that helicopter will go up when you lower collective.

It took me 9 years to find a crack in your foundation and I AM IN NOW !!! .... just like a parasite. Get used to it :)

:Can

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:00 pm
Site Admin

Stan did good on that video. For what you have there seems to run a little weak for your weight.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Gabor- I never said a word about it back then
..not even joking....as in my mind that would not have been fair to John. He simply was still testing it out ....and he just wasn't done with getting full power out of it.

Of course I never will be a real helicopter pilot....never claimed to be nothing but a fledgling pilot.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:47 pm
Site Admin

Helicopters are funny machines. Every little horse power needed to operate correctly :)

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:13 pm
I really wished Stan could have taken my Commuter up at Mentone, trailered it all the way there and due to it being out of inspection by one day, people there told Stan not to hover it as word was some jack ass was going to report it to the FAA.
The reason it was out of inspection by 1 day was I had already talked to Mike milton about doing the Inspection the day I got there, but he got there later in the week.
I did get it inspected right before we went home with it. needless to say this left another sour taste in my mouth for the PRA convention at mentone. that was a long way to tow a helicopter and just see it sit. it did make me happy when one old timer came up and commented, wow a real Helicom Commuter.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Hellified wrote:

Stan,
I posted this video for fun and not to piss you off. I thought we were better than that. You knew the real story, and I knew the real story, That's why I let you and Todd give it a try. Believe it or not it was a test, and the test failed. If everyone cant fly it than it not worth a shit. Todd's results were the same as yours. Which means it was broken. After fixing what we already knew, now it's a game changer and will tote your big butt on a 100 plus day. With that being said I could also tell most of your training was with helicopters with governors and so was mine. I got lucky and left sky helicopters and finished my training in a Bell 47 and had to be trained all over again to manage throttle as well as everything else. When I trained at Sky in the R22s they wouldn't let us fly throttle, so I never got the chance to know any different. Here's Todd's Video of his try at Mentone..

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:02 am
Profile WWW

Gabor wrote:
Helicopters are funny machines. Every little horse power needed to operate correctly :)

That is so true my brother. I knew it than, butt at that point I wasn't going to stay home. So I took it there anyway and I did fly it. Even with the problems, I still had a kick ass time.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:17 am
Profile WWW

I don't know why anybody would fault Stan or anyone taking the controls (throttle management is another story :) ) of the MH1...its a hand full! I have 80+ hrs in the 269 and feel very comfortable now with throttle control. So much so that I have to tell myself not to twist throttle when in the OH-6, Huey etc. for the first few minutes. After that its so nice not having that work load to deal with...almost makes me feel lazy :D :D

- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next